1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Nicky

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, May 22, 2017.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

While watching this.....

[​IMG]

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Just came across these candids with GW.

turbulence likes this.
  3. caferace

caferace No.

Little late for that. I started early. Backing off the throttle now.

-jim

MachineR1 and renegade17 like this.
  4. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

This is how I will remember Nicky, with his brothers and family. The force was always strong with Nicky at Road A and he never disappointed.
    I'm sure his spirit will be with all racers at tracks around the world. His contagious smile will never be forgotten. For me, Nicky has been the continuous force of roadracing in America and the epitome of an ambassador around the world.

Attached Files:

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

HEF211 likes this.
  6. TexasRob

TexasRob Active Member

Condolences to the Hayden family. RIP in peace #69.

I can't stop crying

godspeed, Nicky

7. MikeB68

MikeB68 Active Member

RIP #69
    Just a fan watching on the tube. Don't have a story of 69 to share. But I will share a song. Sums it up for me, :(

sill'r B sill'd likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

#RideOnKentuckyKid

9. caferace

caferace No.

IN the midst of Indy 500 time trials ... this will be up all night at IMS.

nh.ims.pylon.jpg

-jim

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    MELK-MAN, Nick_OMC, BigBird and 7 others like this.
  10. MotoGP1199

MotoGP1199 Well-Known Member

RIP Nicky

11. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

Such a bummer, definitely looked up to him. RIP

12. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Godspeed, Mr. Hayden. The sport, and the planet, lost a truly inspiring individual.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No idea why, but that did it.

scottn and 03RumbleBee like this.
  14. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

It is just so hard to comprehend that Nicky is gone. He was such a great kid and young man. I have been praying for him to wake up and was just certain that he would. Now I am praying for the Haydens and especially Earl. I cannot imaging losing my child. RIP Nicky!

SGVRider likes this.
  15. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

God bless his family, so sad, my body just froze when i read the news. Hopefully him and Sic are running some laps up there.

God speed champ!

16. caferace

caferace No.

A convo I had with PK earlier today, the lead Press Officer at Indy:

me: An Angel walked among us or more commonly, rode.
    PK: Yep. St. Peter didn’t even ask for his passport this morning. Just waved him right in, just like parc ferme after wins at Laguna and Assen.

He (and IMS) care. And he didn't even race there anymore.

-jim

Razr likes this.
  17. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I can't believe I won't be able to watch him race or have my son grow up watching him in action. I've always been a huge fan and can't really process what's happened. I'm just completely gutted and speechless :(

18. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Never before have I shed a tear for the passing of a man I'd never met in person.

This just can't be real.

19. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

I've been watching Nicky since I was about 17 and found out there was a kid my age racing in AMA. Rooting for him ever since. Never got the chance to meet him but I'm sure he was the class act everyone says. At least I got the chance to see him win at Laguna his championship year.
    2017-05-22 17.00.04.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    sill'r B sill'd likes this.
  20. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Been following this all day and no surprise, I'm just stunned and mostly without words. It hits hard and I suspect that many of us have shed tears over the horrible news today, especially for a man that many of us never met personally. He was such a great influence on many, a true Champion both on and off the track, and from what I have read about him, a great example and ambassador for the sport of motorcycle racing. The world lost a great man today.

My deepest sympathy and condolences to all of the family, friends, and to those who knew him and loved him. He is just one of those people that made the world a better place by just being who he was.