1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicky Hayden Injured

Discussion in 'General' started by ScottyRock155, May 17, 2017.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

2. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

I hope is just minor injuries and he recover soon, those people drive like maniacs over there.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I'm hating the words being bantered around involving head trauma. Hoping the sources are just erring on the side of caution, and it's not really that bad. I very much do not want Nicky to be the next Michael Schumacher.

5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Yeah i just thought of that, too, with the Schum.

Get well, Nicky!!

6. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:( I'm hoping since it's medically induced coma they just want him to have more time for recovery before waking up.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Medically induced is a good sign. Really wish all the other sites would quit reposting their take on that initial report and shut the fuck up until they have real information. Seems like A&R does have real news.

Beth, 03RumbleBee, eraine and 6 others like this.
  8. BJR119

BJR119 Well-Known Member

people are using the hashtag #GoNicky on social media, linking any news and support for him

9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Sounds like we're not going to have much info for the next 24 hours. Praying that we'll get some better news tomorrow.

I've been sick to my stomach all day because of this......

10. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

That's horrible.

My wife was hit by some no-load in 2015. Still scares me. Drivers just don't pay enough attention.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't disagree but being on a public road going much slower than traffic is as much if not even more of an issue with bicycles. And no, I don't care about their rights or any of the other excuses. I bitch about cars/trucks/tractors/big wheels/whatever being a hazard going to slow and will do the same for bicycles, they can be a hazard no matter how legal they are and it causes crashes.

5axis and panthercity like this.
  12. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Ya, whatever. Probably a million reasons for a crash, bicycles being one of them.

The person that plowed into my wife was beating her kid, or on the phone, or something. Of course they had zero insurance and my wife had medical and a totaled bike. But she's alive and suffers no ill effects now. Hope we can say the same for Nicky in a year and a half.

jeremy dunn likes this.
  13. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Prayers for Nicky Cmon hang in there!

14. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Hang in there Champ!!

Attached Files:

BJR119, Dragginass and 418 like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think that's the main thing that makes me say bicycles are in much more danger than motorcycles, at least on a motorcycle you can hit the throttle and get out of the way of the morons. And I totally agree there are way more of them out there (more cyclists too which of course leads to more interactions between the two groups).

Really glad your wife is okay, it's some scary stuff.

16. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Prayers sent for the entire Hayden family.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Love that pic. Screamed my ass off with joy.

Gino230 likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

20. 418

418 Expert #59

Jesus.

C'mon Nicky!