Loud ass generators are not even remotely friendly

Discussion in 'General' started by roy826ex, Feb 19, 2016.

1. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

Just waiting on the new ones to get here.

Shenanigans likes this.
  2. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

After racing is done until tech opens sounds like a good idea. But again a quiet genny isn't a problem for most. I can say that when everything is shut off at Grattan on a nice Saturday evening and the first beer is cracked, I'm not sure it gets a whole lot better than that.

I just picked up one of these for a fan and phone chargers after racing just to shut off the genny

And I didn't say I'd do it, I just offered to donate said contaminates for other to do it. ;) I bet some of these threads will make people think about others after hours and those that don't, just simply ask if it would be OK to shut it off. If that person gets salty, then call them out on the beeb.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I camped on vacations many years without a generator. If all you're running is lights, you don't need it.

t11ravis likes this.
  4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Uhh sometimes thats what sometimes racing and where you live dictate.

And the "dont need to be racing attitude"...jeez.

Some racers do shift work for a living and are light sleepers.

There's a time to be loud and a time to be reasonable about noise.

skidooboy likes this.
  5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Liquidatin' all that Suzuki paraphernalia so you can buy a Honda and all its paraphernalia? :D
    Oh, bonus! Honda makes generators. :crackup:

6. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that was a dig at those who said if you couldn't afford to buy an expensive generator then you don't need to be racing.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

It was.

Slider82 likes this.
  8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Shift work eyes. Understood now.

Slider82 likes this.
  9. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Skip a few rounds to buy an expensive genny?

Smoking dope.

I am in the market for a new one though.. My Craigslist special finally took a shit.

10. Common courtesy, the lost art for some. If you think a super loud generator running all night (or day for that matter) isn't dis-courteous to your neighbors then you are a douche.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

What an elitist prick.

:rolleyes:

Slider82 and nhammond54 like this.
  12. Exactly.

Nobody can expect everyone to drop big money on a super quiet generator. But have a little damn courtesy. Having a cheap loudass generator is one thing, but having a "i don't give a fuck, mind your own business" attitude is a whole 'nother thing. When that generator ruins other people's weekends, you just made it their business.

Nobody is saying everyone should drop big money. Like Mongo, I would rather see that money put more bikes on the grid.

BUT, show some respect. Put a muffler on it, build a 360deg enclosure that is open on top and sends the sound up. Get a long extension cord and put that thing away from everyone else...not away from YOU and closer to everyone else.

TLR67, t11ravis and Banditracer like this.
  13. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

How would the solar charged lights work? I wouldn't expect them to be bright enough if you have to work on the bike, but should work for some light, maybe?

14. 418

418 Expert #59

Pretty funny people complaining about not being able to sleep due to noise, eh? Hope a reefer driver don't ever park near the track. :D

TLR67 likes this.
  15. dtalbott

I am a damn reefer driver. Tonight it's set at 48 degrees continuous.

I keep expecting the truck stops to have three sections - reefer trucks, trucks with apu's, trucks without apu's.

kjohnson and 5axis like this.
  16. 418

418 Expert #59

You are the enemy! Damn you! Lol

dtalbott likes this.
  17. Chango

Chango Something clever!

If someone else's loud generator is "ruining my weekend," it's probably time for me to grow up and stop being a bitch.

18. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Yeah but did you pull in after dark, decouple your trailer on the other side of the parking lot next to other drivers, then drive across the lot to get a good quiet nights sleep? Because that would be the level of douchebag we are talking here.

19. dtalbott

I wish. It's about four feet from my bed.

Surprisingly, it is not that loud when it runs all the time.

20. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

I don't know why but this thread reminds me of that movie called "grumpy old men"