1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by twodocs, Mar 12, 2017.

1. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I cannot go back and edit my post (after 30 minutes) so I straight up apologize after I saw your explanation on FB and IIRC on the podium.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    slimjim00, Ra.Ge. Raptor and MELK-MAN like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Shit just got real. :crackup:

3. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

It thought the pace car was going to lose it in the bus stop. Did anyone else see the back end start coming around. :)

4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

The race can be won leading out of the chicane. Two examples come to mind. Sadowski over Renfrow in 1990 and DuHamel over Russell in 1996.

stk0308 and MELK-MAN like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

6. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I love it when "Keyboard Cowboys" and "SME" (Subject Matter Experts) post stuff on a public forum only to realize the person whom they speak of may actually read AND reply to their "insight". Another observation is that those that DO know, usually don't post..... and those that DON'T know, usually do.....

7. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

With the video feed like it was I don't recall seeing much of anything. And when I could see it the announcers had me thinking I was not watching the same race they were o_O

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The Tuono wind protection is much better with the tall Puig windscreen. You would probably want that on there for the faster tracks anyway. Rain and storms would be the part that really sucks. I guess that is the "time" part. Leave plenty of time to get between tracks. If the forecast is for storms, just park the bike for the day. Hard luggage options for the Tuono are very limited, but there are some good semi-hard and soft bag options.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid:Thanks for posting this. I remember Duhamel and I was looking for another time it happened in the 200.
    I think a few 600 and 750 SS races also had this occur.
    But for sure it's not automatic for the second guy out of the chicane to take the win.

vizsladog and MELK-MAN like this.
  10. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Happens here all the time. That's what I love about the Beeb. :cool:

11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I can't remember when, but I am pretty sure there was a case where the lead guy out of the chicane got passed a little too soon and had time to draft back past before the finish line for the win.

12. Cam Morehead

....and the reason I rarely post and skim read.....

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yep.... Kicking shit out all over the track... If that thing got sideways there would have been 20 Bikes down.... Just a totally stupid Idea.... All to bring them all back t the line too... Makes no sense at all... They need to remove their heads from their Asses next year....

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This morning alone I've been told I don't care about rider safety at all, I hate the sport, I don't do anything but sit in the tower if I'm at a track, I don't know how to do my job as I've never raced, I don't follow the rulebook, I only drive through the paddock in my Jeep blowing smoke out the window, I never talk to racers... I'm sure there is more I missed.

15. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

whats the difference between haulin' the mail and a totem post?

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

AMA Fan 2.0

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I wish the Race Organizers and the Powers to be at Fanschoice read this.... :crackup:

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Did you tell them that I said they can go f@ck themselves with a chainsaw?

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Do you keep any CCS/ASRA business cards to hand out to these types. :D

20. Cam Morehead

Are you also going to include the comments that are incorrect. All I see are facts here. You forgot about getting rich....