1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by twodocs, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For those who I know will ask - WERA rules require 100% same as stock for that specific bike which means model and year, no updating or backdating, no modifications. So if the BMC isn't the same shape and size, it's not legal.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

[​IMG]

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

A race at this magnitude..... was there a tech inspection?

If not, they should have something of sorts, where if there was any "Gray area" you could take your bike, and have it checked for approval via written rules.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm still curious as to exactly what the airbox looked like and how it was measured. Evidently the bike passed the post qualifying check so I'd guess that it was one of the stock ones, the 08 and up BMC is obviously different. Can't tell the opening size differences between the stock ones although the shapes are obvious. On the way the rule is written though I'm not sure it's illegal to use another year stocker as long as it's an R6 cover.

6. six6two

six6two AWD

Yeah... not much of a 'clarification'!

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Someone really should tell Mongo about that asshat Sean who just sits in the tower....

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's getting rich, I know all about him :D

Cam Morehead likes this.
  9. I don't stop for rain when taking bike trips. On the interstate I can typically see far enough ahead to tell when it is coming. If so, then I might pull over and put my 1pc rain overall suit on.

But other than that, I just keep riding. I figure it is part of the adventure. I've ridden in downpours hard enough that cars were pulled over under the overpasses.

It doesn't bother me. It is just water.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Matt Mladin posted on here in his prime to talk to one of his haters.....

Where is madbrad these days?

Cam Morehead likes this.
  11. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

is "model year" a factor here? is it possible that the rule as it was written was not truly broken and instead someone interpreted it incorrectly?

if officials made a mis take, owning up to that (A.S.A.P.) would be in order and better for all involved IMO

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno - without the specifics of the infraction it's hard to say if the wording matters. I've had things in our rules over the years go both ways, some I worded badly so no matter what I meant and how many people knew what I meant it still wasn't exactly what the rule said so a dq was overturned.

Other times I've had people just get bad information from an aftermarket supplier and they got dq'd - not something they remotely did intentionally but still illegal.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You mean a pre-race tech or post race?

It's actually yes for both, but pre-race tech does not strip the bike down to the airbox to check that. It's mostly just safety checks. For ASRA I believe it's the top 5 finishers all have to report for post race tech inspection where they go through the more thorough checklist of weights and mods and stuff.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There was a post qualifying legality check - but no clue what they looked at. Either way on that score it's always up to the rider/team to be legal.

15. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

WGAF? biggest POS in beeb history.

vizsladog likes this.
  16. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

there is a standard tech inspection prior to bikes going on track, as any race org would... checking for brakes that have pressure, throttles that return, belly pans that aren't duct taped covering cracks, safety wired shit.. but not "would you please pull your air filter out so we an see it to protect you from being dq'd" .. That is covered in the riders meetings, and the rule book (and on the ccs website under "daytona 200"). ya don't have the right one? prepared to be dq'd. Does it suck for CW and team TSE ? yer damn right.

backcountryme likes this.
  17. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Statement from TSE

TSE and MD Racing would like to announce that we had an amazing weekend racing the Daytona 200. Our rider Cory West did his best and left nothing on the table. He finished 2nd to Danny Eslick by .041 of a second. Due to the interpretation of the rules we were disqualified. According to the way the rules are written, we were and are well within regulations. This situation will be resolved in due process. Again a huge congratulations to the team and the hard work that they put into this effort.

vizsladog likes this.
  18. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Already seeing this coming back as sorry you misinterpreted it wrong.

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

That seems awful harsh, what did Mladin ever do to you?

20. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Do you have pics of the air filter setup and the year of the r6 you were running?