1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At what age were (or are) the best years of your life?

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Feb 20, 2017.

?

At what age were (or are) the best years of your life?

1. 0-20

12 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. 21-25

23 vote(s)
    15.9%
  3. 26-30

30 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. 31-35

24 vote(s)
    16.6%
  5. 36-40

23 vote(s)
    15.9%
  6. 41-45

10 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. 46-50

7 vote(s)
    4.8%
  8. 51-55

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. 56+

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  10. Right Now

37 vote(s)
    25.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Never look back.

Right now. Every Effin second.

My 1.5yo boy just steered the truck around the yard. I couldn't freakin believe it. And it's getting better every day

V5 Racer likes this.
  2. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

hmmm
    5 year increments until 55 and then just 56 plus....
    I guess since I've milked that last category for ten years on the "plus" side I"ll pick that one

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

any age i can still achieve an erection.

Chip likes this.
  4. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

18-22 for me. I wasn't in college, just lived with friends who liked to throw ridiculous house parties almost every day of the week, worked enough to barely pay the rent and had the best times of my life. The older I get the more depressed I get, I don't like adult life.

jrsamples likes this.
  5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

0-30 was good. Total shit from 30-37. Then 37 to current 47 has been good.

Had a successful business from 24-30. Then all hell broke loose in my dirty 30's.
    Got back on my feet at 37.

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I would really say I overlap, from 27-33. Did quite a bit of racing back then and in general had more fun. Not near as much disposable income or time now. Getting older kinda sucks, but its part of life.

FlynScotsman likes this.
  7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Life.... It's a strange thing.... I hear where you are coming from.... When I look back at my teens through my 30's honestly I'm surprised I am still alive or at least not in Prison.. However with lifes problems, troubles and issues ect my Grandfather always told me......

Pull up your Granny Panties and deal with it!

jrsamples and Boman Forklift like this.
  8. I had a blast 26-30ish pre kids and making great money. Went through a fun lull for a bit but right now I think my life's the best it's ever been. Maybe because I'm older and can appreciate it more.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. Almost exact same as me. I have more disposable income now but am smarter with disposal of it.

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm excited my daughter is almost off my payroll, (out of college), and Tyler will be off my payroll next year.

Now is great!! In the past 6 months I bought a drag bike, which is sitting in Illinois, so I can race over the summer with my dad. I bought a used 250cc Anderson Maverick Superkart, that is still in England but about to be shipped over here, and a M5 with smog issues......time for daddy to start having some fun again.

TLR67 likes this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Each bracket has had its ups and downs, far more ups than downs.

12. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Now is a pretty good time. My youngest kid just turned 18, work is getting better all the time, I am about to bring our fuel state side so it looks like I will be moving back to Texas relatively soon. Life doesn't suck. Now I just have to get my fat ass back in shape.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Congrat's on leaving the great white north and moving back to Texas.

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

This 100%.

15. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yup, better and better. I'm 36 now, been with my lady for 19 years, married for 14, 10 year old daughter and 8 year old son.

I've started coaching my son's baseball team, and my daughter is excelling at fast-pitch softball. I am getting to re-live some of my fondest childhood memories again through them........it is euphoric.

We're busy as hell, but we're all healthy, the wife and I manage good careers, and the kids are doing great in school. We go on lots of adventures and while not every day is perfect, the good far outweighs the bad.

No life is perfect, but I'm a firm believer in that happiness is not something you seek, but is a way of life.

TLR67 and Boman Forklift like this.
  16. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I think I would be happier if I were married. 47 and never been married.
    Who's gonna change my diaper in 20 yrs?

17. Boman Forklift

I have a friend who is 55 now and has 2 little boys. I know it was hard enough chasing little kids in my 30's, so I'm sure that isn't easy for him. I will say getting married and having kids is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I didn't really care if I had them or not, depended on what my girl wanted. She wanted kids and it really is amazing.

Good luck to you if you ever go down that path. I'm sure being single your entire life, it would definitely be an adjustment, but I think you had a long term live in girlfriend so you are already aware of that.

18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I sometimes wish I could have stayed 17 my whole life. No money, no girls : no problems. Just pure unadulterated freedom and fun.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Why wait 20 years?

[​IMG]

Razr and gapman789 like this.
  20. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I started late in life with kids. I'm 50 and have a 7 & 9 year and don't really have any problems at the moment keeping up with them. Sure it would have been nice having them a bit sooner but I was racing (raced for about 19yrs), making good money and was just having a great time.

jrsamples and Boman Forklift like this.