A new tack on suppressors

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Mongo, Nov 9, 2016.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

There are better devices for silent assassinations.

-3' screwdrivers
    -Broome uppercuts
    -a slippery floor from liberal tears

SpeedyE, dsmitty37 and Orvis like this.
  2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Well that seems pointless.... I'd love to be able to put a suppressor on my .22's, quiet and I can shoot chickens in the head at 200 meters. Might be lobbing them but I can hold a 3 inch group at that distance with CCI SV :)

It would also be nice to cut down on the centerfire noise on a couple of the ranges with tin roofs where I usually double up with custom plugs and muffs.

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

yep it's pretty pointless. It's silent but pigs still run after they hear the dead pig get shot. Deer aren't as aware and you could probably get two or more but that's just weird. Since the bullet is basically being catapulted, the closer range shots can impact a good bit higher than your aim, which has happened to me. So now I just shoot full power bullets suppressed so I don't destroy my ears and that is the only reason.

O yeah shooting suppressed is dirty dirty dirty on your rifles which kinda sucks.

22 is about the only thing thats worth shooting that's movie quiet with full power ammo ( dad has a integral suppressed 22 that is amazing) or the 300 blk out according to you tube videos, but in my experience, any game you are shooting knows the game is up after the first shot thus making the benefits of silence moot.

My biggest haul was 9 hogs in one afternoon, unsuppressed 223 FMJ's and destroyed my ears. So all in all you can be effective with anything but it's more fun to have a 6.8 SBR suppressed with a nice scope.

4. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Spoken like someone that has never shot suppressed.

Bypass and dsmitty37 like this.
  5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

CCI SV is completely silent through my suppressed 22s. The only noise is the action cycling on the semis, it is a beautiful thing.

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You can say that again, I shot my buddies and I couldnt believe how big a mess it made.

My bud also has a can for his AR and the blow back was killing me. I couldnt shoot more than a few rounds at a time.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I would prefer hunters not use suppressors. I like to know when I am sharing the woods with hunters.
    If it's a neighbor (safely) target shooting, suppress away.

8. Steak Travis

Shoot I didn't even think about that. I am fortunate to hunt on private land but yeah when I'm near property lines I'd rather hear a big boom that rattles my tree than a suppressed rifle.

9. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Its a high powered rifle that fires a hundred bullets a second.

Did you not see the USFA Zip pistol thread? :-/

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I had a friendly fire incident deer hunting years and years ago (I was 13 or so). I was walking down the middle of this firebreak (a long, straight area cleared of timber and brush in an effort to slow down the advance of wildfires) and I hear "zing, zing, zing" and bullets crashing into the trees nearby. I hit the ground, and moments later, I heard the distant booms of a rifle. Somebody must have been shooting at deer on the ridge behind me. Point is, by the time I heard the report, it was far too late to do anything.

11. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Don't start your zip pistol fetish again!! :crackup:

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Most of the assissnation attempts on politicians since JFK, have been done with handguns..unmuffled.

13. SpeedyE

:crackup:

14. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

What are friends for, right? :crackup:

15. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Prairie dogs usually don't give a honey badger. When the dood at the far end of the shooting line has a mounted .50 cal in the back of his pickup, the prairie dogs still don't care.

16. Steak Travis

When I said game I meant wild game. Not a live fire version of whack a mole! :)

Bypass likes this.
  17. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I always dug that "did I leave the gas on?!!" look when you miss by less than half a mil. :D

18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Just got a contract with local PD. Selling them 10 cans.

SpeedyE likes this.
  19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are they going into the assassination-for-hire business? ;)

SpeedyE likes this.
  20. SpeedyE

I was contracted to do some troubleshooting & fabrication work for SilencerCo, some years ago.....and as always, the work I performed was flawless and amazing :p:p:p:D:D:moon::D:D:p:p:p
    So, I am not all bad :D:cool::D