1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2016 GNF thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 16, 2016.

1. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Like Ed Bargy says the fast guys will be up ft and the slow ones will be in the back.

2. HFD1Motorsports

40 something hp bike so a 10 percent increase is 4 something hp is that going to make a big diff?

3. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

We have the ability to see when he touches the brakes, the throttle, miss the apex, 3/4 throttle or full throttle, going from full throttle to 3/4 throttle for 40' before the brake mark, holding 1/2 throttle at mid turn, etc... You can learn all you are willing to absorb and expose.... It is a shot to your pride though when I turn on a laptop and ask if you are at WOT through the kink and your mouth says yes but the electronics say no....

Phl218 likes this.
  4. HFD1Motorsports

now add in 4 hp lower drag easier rolling wheel bearings good sticky tires and a bunch of fast riders and it get interesting

5. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

Hey Cam, what system are you guys using?

6. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

XT

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

As the off season just started, there'll be plenty of time to rehash all the stupid drama. For now, I'll focus on the positives:

Had a great GNF and a pretty damn good season- raced more this year than the last 3 combined.

Thanks to WERA for doing their thing, and to Yamaha for stepping up support in a largely ignored class.

Still trying to wrap my head around guys doing 39's on an R3, but I'm happy and proud of my 45's. I only "almost crashed" a couple times during the weekend, those guys must have to do it every other corner.

As many pointed out during the awards, the trophies were sweet! With only 3 experts entered in DSS (why???) I was guaranteed one of them, but it was icing on the cake to battle with good riders (390 and R3) and come away with my first WERA national sportsman championship.

I'll wrap it up with some good old fashioned trash talk...
    Joe Ball- love you like a brother, but YOU WILL NEVER WIN ANOTHER CLUBAN RACE THAT I'M IN. I have the notarized title to your ass.

BigBird and JBall like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hot damn, why is all the good trash talk coming out AFTER the GNF? :D

BigBird and sPatlovich1 like this.
  9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I know full well what they are capable of as the 400 had a full AIM system on it. Data systems are exceedingly efficient at kicking someone right in the ego. :D

10. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Why don't you dust that thing off and give people another reason to bitch?

Gorilla George and cajun636 like this.
  11. Venom51

I honestly haven't had the desire to ride at all much less go racing. I'm going to stick to bench racing for now.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. HFD1Motorsports

Well I did have a fun time getting my ego kicked. Bike was not happy up ft had chatter all weekend never really had a handle on it. More this and that just masked it some. Hell the 250 was real bad in turn 2 top of hill down it was ok lets not. I made a mess of the fss race was in 2nd for half of it then Hasser made the move and it was over I made mistakes and then the last 2 laps settled in and was making up ground within .2 of Eberhart at the line. Clubman well Ted ruled that one had fun with the Texan on the r3 just good racing at 49 years old on a small bike. Going to try on doing this for a few more years

13. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Damn shame for that bike to just sit.

14. Venom51

We have been poking away at getting it back to 100% after the VIR crash but it hasn't been high priority. I have been designing and milling a few things to address somethings I didn't like about the original build and it is mechanically ready to go. It's just some minor welding, bodywork, paint and powder coating away from hitting the track at any time. It got some new mono block calipers last winter and some redesigned radiators.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no clue on the SV but considering the top two on R3's ran 39's all race I'm not rteally sure what the point is. The top 6 or so R3's were faster than Ted on his 450 for example.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I had someone wanting to protest the brakes which we had already dealt with, had no protests about going into the engines.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet you didn't....

odell2115 and Cam Morehead like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And you're old :crackup:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So a guy from Yamaha who teaches dealers to wrench on R3's doesn't know R3's? Interesting.

You can keep trying to blame this all on us but so far it's not working....

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They do need to be stock, and there is a penalty for not being stock and it's not a DQ in this case. I have not and will not say it's legal. I will say and have said it's not a DQ...

Actually need the glasses to see the computer, I saw Chris' gestures. I was discussing rough riding not a pissed off rider...