MotoGP | 2016 | Czech Republic| Brno | Aug 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

And, protected or limited derailing his championship or season (possible injury).

Heck, I know most here won't accept this viewpoint but I would not have objected if some rider were to pull off the course.
    I know I opted not to go out at Daytona in the wet. My decision. I still live well with it.

I am also one that should probably never be a boxing manager or in a corner. I would be doing the responsible thing and throwing in the towel and protecting my fighter, the fighter. The show be damned.

2. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I just looked he did a 2:09, then a 2:08, then a 2:15, then pitted. He had some issue which caused him to lose 7 seconds before he pitted.

3. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Just another example of 99 struggling in the wet this season. Others rode through the same issue. That's all.

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I'm glad that all tire chinking issues are the same and affect each bike the same.

Stupid Dovi and Lorenzo for not pushing and possibly crashing and potentially getting hurt.

Fucking pussies!

5. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

False. Dovi retired.

6. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Which was 9 places in front of 99 and in the points

7. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Cal just called them wimps so that'll be enough :)

8. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

I didn't say everyone...I said others.

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

So, am I the one that has a problem understanding. I know, I know. I have been reminded often, second language problem here and there.

But let us review:

You: "He was doing 2:08's when he pitted I think. Same as Rossi and Crashlow. Seems like a bit of an excuse, not to mention you'd think they'd have caught it on camera somewhere...."

Me: "BTW - I don't recall cameras focusing much on 17th place. They also didn't appear to focus much on 99 while he was "temporarily" working his way up the field, either. But, hey..."

You: "You understand the cameras are always filming, right?? Just cause they don't show a rider doesn't mean they don't have footage. Not saying he's making shit up but when he pitted he was as fast as the 2 other fastest guys on track."

You read that again and get back to me.

As what you may or may not have been implying, well you wrote what you wrote. What I read and what I interpreted..
    Well, I can be off from time to time.

caferace likes this.
  10. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Maybe he did have a issue...just seemed weird and his crew wasn't sympathetic at all...

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Sympathetic or prepared?

Common, come out and say exactly what you are tying to say... :)

12. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Didn't they say that when he re-pitted he went back out on the same bike and tires? And, as they implored Lorenzo to stay on the bike, no one noticed the chunking tires? It just feels like Lorenzo looking for excuses. And, there are pics of AI and AD's tires all over social media (pics that weren't part of race coverage). Where are Lorenzo's?

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

He's beating the butler with them

14. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

The reaction of his crew during the 2nd stop wasn't one of "tough luck that your tire chunked, you were hauling ass(which he was)" it was more of WTF??
    I said exactly what I'm trying to say. Not going to argue with you...

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Or, we could see what Yamaha said on the matter:
    "Lorenzo kept riding aggressively, but was forced to come in to the pit box with seven laps to go after losing much of the central tread from the front tyre. The unforeseen sudden pit stop forced him to change to his second bike which was fitted with slick tyres for a potential normal bike change in the flag to flag conditions. The track was still far too wet for slick tyres so he returned to the pit box a lap later to switch back to his first bike which had since been reequipped with a new front tyre. This then allowed him to finish the race in a disappointing and distant seventeenth place."

5axis and stk0308 like this.
  16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Clearly.

I was not trying to argue with you but reach the understanding you suggest I lack.

I am good. You are good. Thumbs up.

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I think that I figure out who "they" are. LOL
    They got it mostly wrong today.

18. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

De-lamination is not a normal wear pattern that a rider should have to ride through or manage. Delamination is a structural failure of the tire which should never happen.

BigBird likes this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Where's Melka? That butler needs a break from the beatings. :p

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Thankfully Rossi got the Saturday night specials :D