1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on ram1500 eco diesels

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

the tryout for truck time is running right now. That 06 f250 is at the lower end of the pice list but also of the wish list.

Found a 2015 1500 ED in the area, test drove it and like it. 28/20 MPG , 15 towing ...

Anyone got the scoop on them?

Thx

2. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Seems like a nice truck for everyday use/moderate towing. They have a decent GCWR but the GVWR pretty low.

3. They're about a 7. Does that help? :Poke::crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  4. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

:crackup:

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

17ft toy hauler ~5000 lbs max

baconologist likes this.
  6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Oh shit.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Shits real

8. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Some people have had great success with them other have had nothing but issues and chrysler has taken days/weeks to fix.

ram1500diesel.com is good place find some info.

You should opt for the ones with the 3.92 gears vs 3.55 or whatever it is MPG difference is moot

baconologist and Phl218 like this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

10. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Well it's a Chrysler. That should tell you enough. And I drive a Chrysler.

bored&stroked and BigBird like this.
  11. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

It's a half ton truck without spark plugs, with the price tag of a 3/4 or 1 ton bigger brother, but without the towing capacity.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Holy MOLY.....I, literally, just went to go look at my friend's dads EcoD at lunch today! :)

It's brand new, a month or so old so I'm assuming it's a 2016.....he loves it! Per his research, stay away from the first yr they came out (2014???) many are/were problematic.

I'm hoping to get a p/u in the very near future, I was leaning towards the GMC just cuz I really like their styling but man, how do you beat that kinda MPG on a LW chassis with that EcoDiesel? You can't afaik.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Not planning on towing a house or fatass sportscars.

thanks for the first year hint

XFBO likes this.
  14. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I wanted the Ecodiesel last year but I have to tow a lot more than you (my big trailer is 12K lbs) and ended up with a 3500. It sounds like the 1/2 ton diesel is exactly what you need, just go for it.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

You'll enjoy the Italian diesel

Shenanigans and Phl218 like this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

They won't wheelie

17. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Good friend of mine has that motor in a GC. His first one blew up at 3k miles. The second one made it to 60k. He gave up after that one and just got one with a V8.

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

What year was it?

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Well that blows.

20. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I love my Ram. It tows like a monster, gets great mpgs, has really nice interior, Megacab with the best leg room in the back short of a Maybach and came with 865 ft-lbs torque stock. I've had it for a year, less than 10k on the odometer.

I was going to post up a long winded review about the other brands I've had experience with but this is the interwebs so nobody is usually right. Let me sum it up that they are not one bit better in any aspect than the Ram IMHO.

cav115 and Phl218 like this.