Holy crap game of thrones!!

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jun 3, 2013.

1. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Well I'm glad I'm not the only who has a problem with the Scooby-Doo face masks. Just seems kinda cheesy.

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

...but you're fine with the dragons, bringing the dead back to life, Bran time-traveling, and 1000 ships being built in the span of a couple weeks?

I hear you, I just think it's an odd thing to fixate on, given the willing suspension of disbelief generally required to watch the majority of the show.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid: We all had a decision to make when that naked girls walked out of the fire with three dragons sitting on her shoulders. I struggled with it but came back for the next season. From that point on, you're not allowed to complain about unrealistic shit. Although I must admit that my first encounter with the white walkers in the following season was another major decision point. But I was committed at that point. :D

rk97 and V5 Racer like this.
  4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It is funny how the show started out as seemingly "real". Until it wasn't.

Doesn't matter to me, at this point.

rk97 likes this.
  5. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

I can't remember, or maybe I choose not to remember these type of specifics.

As others have mentioned, the viewer must be willing to accept that GoT is fantasy, sci-fi, whatever you want to call it. I get that. However it's lame, IMO, that we're giving incredibly intricate plot lines to follow, but then forced to accept stupid shit like Rikon not zig-zagging, Shireen's toy stag surviving the fire (maybe she dropped it? Again, I don't remember), and Littlefinger swooping in to save Jon Snow. We all knew that was going to happen. I liked the first few seasons. I'll pass on the rest.
    :beer:

6. Lanceabillion

Lanceabillion Registered Abuser

Why was the High Sparrow so intent on not letting anyone leave the Sept? His guards were police lining the crowd. Why would it matter if a few people that wanted to see the Queen Mother stand trial leave?

7. Lanceabillion

Lanceabillion Registered Abuser

Unless you have a flow chart of the families and a time line of the abridged history of the Seven Kingdoms, its a lost cause too. Some obscure name mentioned in passing in season two comes up now and we are supposed to completely align the two into the story line?

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

He didn't want to let Loris and Margerey leave. I don't think he cared if the people in general that were there to witness the event left. He didn't want the principals to leave.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Are you clowns arguing about magic? You know the book series and this show are what's called "fantasy". If you were expecting a Buddy Cop show I can understand your trepidation.

Fantasy
    NOUN
    1. the faculty or activity of imagining things, especially things that are impossible or improbable:

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You mean like a zook wining Motogp?

Jedb likes this.
  11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

HBO actually released this chart that was supposed to help everyone keep track of who is related to, killed, or banged everyone else. I looked at it and it made my head hurt though

[​IMG]

12. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

If memory serves, the "first encounter" with the White Walkers was the opening scene of the first episode of the series. The kid who sees is runs away and Ned Stark ends up executing him for deserting his post because no one believes what he claims to have seen.

V5 Racer likes this.
  13. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

This is pretty good, it easily cleared up a few things for me (or added some info I didn't know) but it's missing a few key people featured prominently in the show.

It seems that Ned named his sons after his brother and father? Rickon - Rickard & Bran - Brandon. That could get confusing

14. sowega

sowega #710

V5 Racer likes this.
  15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Plot devices, for multiple examples see "The Walking Dead".

16. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

No you misunderstand me. In the books they never peeled their faces off like the amusement park owner on scooby-doo or mission impossible. I'm fine with magic and all that- fine, make it "magical". Just not "I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids!" I'm all for a good fantasy, but there's a lot of garbage being published and this series has never had that problem. I just wish it (the face-peeling) had been done a little differently.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

From what I remember, we did not see them. I had no idea who they were and had no reason to believe they weren't human.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You do get a vague glowing blue shimmer in their eyes, but yeah, nothing super overt about them being supernatural.

[​IMG]

19. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

HaHa!!
    This had to be made by a gubberment analyst in DC. I swear that's what the garbage I look at work looks like. Lol

Ride safe,
    AAron

V5 Racer likes this.
  20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I am told that hte books make this easier, because you visualize the NAME, rather than the person. I'll let you know when I start reading them...