will they burn baltimore?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Apr 25, 2015.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

I'll also mention, the guy who owns the building my shop is in was told by the city that he needs to develop the 2 small pieces of property he owns on biddle street directly next to the building, or they're going to take it. Now, keep in mind, there are close to 4 square blocks of undeveloped property that is city owned adjacent to these 2 little pieces. Seriously, what the fuck?

2. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I hear ya, lots of fucked up shit around here. Everything is a trade-off.

I miss having the freedom to freely practice my 2A Rights here. In TX, I can easily do so. Thing is, they are real choosy about the freedoms they cherish. I would probably not prosper or even be welcome in my old community because of my non-belief in god. Here nobody cares about that.

There is no perfect place, everything is a compromise. This place works for me for now.

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

You dont understand Texas then. The hierarchy goes:

1. Money/Business
    2. Football
    3. God
    4. Texas
    5. Family

263. Country

:D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

4 and 263 are the same thing - unless yer talkin music...

5. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Iwould say that 2 and 3 are the same, lol.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In Texas you are correct. Church should be in at 3 :D

7. joec

joec brace yourself

We don't welcome you here either! Lol.

I'm really disappointed in my city..its sad in too many ways.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

What city in the panhandle were you living in?

9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Surely guns rank somewhere in there between 1-5?

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

That is good reason to vote Libertarian.
    By pressuring him into developing it, that means the city gets the following so what's not to like (from the city's point of view)?
    • Tax base from the new improvements
    • Revenue from all the building permits

11. joec

joec brace yourself

Not saying I don't understand it. But let's say he's tired of paying me to mow the damned thing and says "take em". Combined they might be worth 3k. Well now they have to maintain them. They back up to a 100 year old warehouse, and it's not like the city has some fantastic track record of developing properties.

Instead in the same block there are 8 vacants. The complete next blocks going east, on both sides of the street are nearly all vacant. And everything in the next 2 blocks is either over grown weeds in lots the city owns, or vacant..to the east is the expressway..like, 50 feet away.

A real paradise.

12. joec

joec brace yourself

45 feet of frontage, in that little.grass triangle to the right of "old town luthiere" is what they want him to develop. The big empty grass areas all around between there and Chase street, is city owned. And there is more from when that photo was taken.

Attached Files:

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Sounds lovely. Maybe I can build my dream home there. Or not.

14. joec

joec brace yourself

I think mowing them is about as much off an investment as you'd want to make as far as developing them at this point..Lol

15. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Born in Plainview, TX, grew up in/near Amarillo.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're so normal they don't need to be listed :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looks like a cool building - can you drive all the way through it? Racetrack! :D

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I wouldn't say there's NO beauty there. Palo Duro canyon. Sunsets there are hard to top.

But yeah, tumbleweeds, tired-ass towns, and no trees. (I lived in Tulia 10 years, then imprisoned at Cal Farley's for 3)

Urban inner-city "vibrancy" has absolutely no appeal to me. Perspectives!

19. joec

joec brace yourself

54,ooo sq'. 25,000 of its got maple floors. So.....maybe roller rink? :)

If you cut a few holes in the walls, yeah, there are roll up doors at both ends..when it was a factory, it was wide open. So just steel studs and sheet rock.

We're actually almost completely surrounded by gentrified neighborhoods. With 10 million bucks, you could do some incredible stuff with this building. It used to be the maintenance facility for the post office. There is a gigantic glazed brick incinerator in the basement. The basement is 10,ooo sq feet with 20 foot ceilings.

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Ahhh, lovely country. Every time my wife and I travel through that part of Texas (on our way to Colorado) I marvel at how early travelers saw it while headed West. Riding in a Conestoga wagon pulled by a couple of oxen might, on a good day, make ten miles. Can you imagine traveling across those plains that way? I prefer US287. I was born and raised about 30 miles North of Abilene. More lovely country huh?:D