1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

The fallout from people doing shady shit such as this affects people that have nothing to with a particular situation. It sucks for them. There have been many instances where people have lost their jobs because of others greed and dishonesty, it wasn't their fault, it had nothing to do with them. They suffered because of someone else's dishonesty. This may very well end up being the case with Sr's business. But make no mistake, there is only one person that's responsible for that fallout and that's Sr.

There are no winners here. Only losers. How far reaching that will go, only time will tell.

2. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

If I have to choose between buying school supplies and reading bedtime stories to kids in homeless shelters over a guy who lost money on his hobby, it's not a hard choice. You want photos of the plaques/awards I've received for my work? Copies of receipts for donations?

Fuck off.

Past Glory likes this.
  3. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Well this thread is now on the first page google for "frank babuska"

Dragginass likes this.
  4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I appreciate a well turned phrase as much as the next guy, but the term bombastic twat sounds like something Peewee Herman would say. In fact, I read the post in which it was introduced in Peewee's voice.

5. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Uncle Clarence says yes, we want to see your documents.

6. Trunxgp1224

Also I'm still trying to grasp the proper use of the word "irony." Is it ironic that their business slogan is "When Quality Counts"

7. Sean Jordan

It's fun because the phrase "bombastic twat" is bombast in and of itself.

8. Sean Jordan

They'll go up with my next report card.

9. BHP41

The guy fucked up. Does he deserve to lose his business and lively hood because of it. Probably not. If he's done shady stuff in his business then it's only a matter of time before he's either sued or goes out of business. Does he deserve to be banned from MA and WERA. Yes(IMO). like I said before, it's a shit situation for all involved, either directly or indirectly.

10. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

He didn't Fuck up! A Fuck up, would have been a bad mistake. He point blank robbed some body. No different then a car high jack,a bank robby,a home invasion. He fucking robbed the guy. He knew what he shipped out,his fucking kid knew it, and the laughed all the way to the bank with this guy's money. Bullshit.

rhouck, XFBO, Dragginass and 2 others like this.
  11. BHP41

Um yea. That's what "fucked up" kinda means.

The guy that robbed the bank fucked up. The guy that murdered his girl friend fucked up. The guy that robbed someone fucked up. Same as Sr. And he'll suffer the repercussions from it.

12. Trunxgp1224

60 Pages are coming, anyone know how to look up the most viewed threads?

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

In before the 60

BHP41 and throwdown like this.
  14. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

You know nothing of my corner-working abilities, be they professional or unprofessional. I probably shouldn't have made the silly joke that I did a few pages back, but I stand by my opinion that this team has questionable ethics and poor bike building techniques, and there exists the possibility that their bikes present a greater danger while on track.

With that said, I'll make sure that I won't be corner-working any the races that Jr. is in, as I don't want there to be the appearance of bias against him.

15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

it may just blow some people's mind, but there are folks out there that choose to stay away from internet discussion forums. Jr said his piece, and was outa here. The fact that Jr isn't here wasting his days defending the actions of someone else, doesn't make him guilty of anything. it's not up to Jr to "make" his dad do anything.. it's a shitty deal all the way around. NO doubt. But, it's interesting that Mark J is found to be so innocent in all this mess. (he's not been in the bike business for some time if not mistaken?) Are we so sure that Frank sr didn't pay Mark J and Mark J is the one that did the swindling ? I don't know, but that's a pretty legit question.

Everyone want's Sr and Jr posting here, well how about an explanation by Mark J ? And everyone speculates that 'Jr woulda known..".. well, jr is wicked fast on the 1000 , but he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire on a 600 a few years ago. i don't need 60 more pages to remind me that Sr 'went off' on the OP. that wasn't ideal.. but i don't think anyone has a crystal ball and knows, beyond the shadow of doubt, that Sr is the only one that is responsible here.
    I brought a motor home for a guy (name omitted) from Daytona a couple years ago that dropped a valve. he had paid over $7000 for superbike motor. My guy took it apart at our injector shop, and i sent my buddy photos of what was a totally stock motor. ZERO superbike parts. no 2mm, no carrillo rods, they even ground out slots to degree cams (instead of actually spend $50 on slotted cam sprockets). The ONLY mod to the motor was 2 of the 3 "Y" springs were cut. It was bar none, the most outrageous rip off jobs i have ever been involved with. the fuggin builder even CALLED my guy saying he didn't know what he was looking at. it was almost beyond belief if i wasn't there myself.
    SO, this kinda shit happens. do your homework, get shit in writing, and unless you go "Full Broome" mode (build from scratch) you are always takin a chance. Getting fucked to this level is rare though.

16. precipitous

precipitous Well-Known Member

Except that doesn't fit with the obvious missing parts like Brembo m/c, wrong fork springs, etc.

BigBird likes this.
  17. ped

ped Banned

When I first started wanting to get into racing I had a stock shock sent off to be re-valved, dyno'd and have a fairly heavier spring installed. Got it back with the spring (that really wasnt right according to penske but pushed on me anyway) and nice stickers on it.

Thing just bounced like it had no oil. sent it back for more money because I was told "the dyno setup wasnt included in the rebuild." Waited 3 weeks then was told the shock leaked out in the guys car and couldn't be fixed. Got it back $400 later, no refund but was offered $50 off a brand new one.

This was supposed to be a highly regarded and reputable dude at the time....(no its not tman, traxxion, etc)

so yeah to me it seems to happen somewhat often

DucatiBomber likes this.
  18. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

Are we talking about people writing fake reviews on Google? Or are we talking about this thread coming up in a Google search? I didn't notice anyone talking about writing fake reviews.

If we're NOT talking about the fake reviews then you're wrong. His name is on the company, has character represents the company, if that character is a lying stealing conman (doesn't matter if it's directly related to plumbing or not) then that reflects poorly on his company.

19. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

This thread makes me wonder if Sr. has ever bid out a plumbing job saying it would be full copper install and substituted pex or pvc to maximize profits. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

20. oilslinger

oilslinger Well-Known Member

Multiple people have talked about writing reviews on his business review on Yelp and Google. I couldn't care less where this thread comes up on a Google search. If someone is researching his name before hiring him to do a job then that's on the customer and good for them. But someone on here diliberately going on Yelp or Google to fill out a "business review" that is not directly associated with his plumbing business is not right. Again, I am not saying this dude does business clean, but without a direct encounter with his business, it's just not right.

Man I feel like this place is like high school but worse sometimes.

I'm with Stupid and L8RSK8R like this.