Loud ass generators are not even remotely friendly

Discussion in 'General' started by roy826ex, Feb 19, 2016.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Quitch yer bitchin' and get to racin !!

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

It's already full with Metalheads

3. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

1st world problems :(

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

throw the poor guy a line off your quiet genny! Learn him the importance of "respect thy neighbors"...lol

kjohnson, BigBird and beac83 like this.
  5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Tell him to hook up to your Honda at night and shut his loud junker off.

6. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Bunch of Pansies!!!! :rolleyes:

Back when I was racing we didn't have generators, because we didn't have tire warmers, because we didn't need 'em!!

We had a "hot lap" to warm the tires!! ( a big FAT 130mm rear on a 2.5" rim! )

SUCK IT PUNKS!! :mad:

WAAAWAAAWAA, modern technology keeps me up at night!! And we didn't have smarty phones and wifi to bitch about it in real time! :(

Sleep?!?!?!? We would stay up drinking all night and then race... (ask Mongo) :beer:

AND GET OFF MY LAWN! ;)

7. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

We should probably tell those with loud exhaust to tone it done a touch, also.

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

When I go to vote this year, I'm writing in the name Repo Man for POTUS.

SBKBee and Repo Man 32 like this.
  9. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Wait a minute I didn't have a generator or tire warmers back in the day. So I've walked that mile in the snow shoeless to school.:D

VFR#52, SBKBee and Repo Man 32 like this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Let's not forget "Third and final call to grid...Slam it and get your damn helmet on!"

Repo Man 32 likes this.
  11. joec

joec brace yourself

I don't know who you're pitting with now....vintage has retained a lot of its periood correctness, if you know what I mean.

Repo Man 32 likes this.
  12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I definitely remember slicks and no warmers making T1 quite interesting. There was none of this hit turn 1 and pitch it in like we see today.

Repo Man 32 likes this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Before I went racing I didn't even have a generator

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I probably should spring for an inverter genny. Until then, I don't run mine after dark, and I use my car to block the sound from neighbors during the day.

We did run it for several days straight after hurricane sandy, but i had it boxed off on my porch with plywood sound barriers. Have done that at the track too.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Smart placement, a long cord and restricted running is half the game

16. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I have a champion inverter which is just about as quiet as the Honda. Costco has them on occasion for about $550

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

:stupid:

18. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

I want YOU to be my VP!!! :beer:

19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

You should have gone over to the guys pit with the thunder generator running 1 light with an extension cord off your Honda. Don't even say anything to him. Just switch his loud contraption off and plug in the light for him and walk away. Or when he leaves to use the bathroom cut the spark plug wire.

VFR#52 and wrlamkin like this.
  20. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

A loud generator during the day is no big deal, a lot of power for multiple warmers, compressor etc., but when I can hear your generator 300 feet away in my trailer at night, that is not cool.

SnacktimeKC, kjohnson and Banditracer like this.