1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Pit bull attack

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All of you - please pay attention - my response was to Nigel and Nigels post and Nigles wording of Nigels post oin conjunction with Nigels others posts. I am not arguing liability overall for landlords or any such thing. I get not allowing dogs of a certain size or above. I get not allowing pets at all. I get frivolous lawsuits.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

VERY true.

Something else is the stigma that goes with being the owner of one of these dogs. So many shitheads have pitbulls (we all know those people) that when people find out you own one they pretty much assume you're a douche. It's pretty much the same as a Harley owner!

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What do you expect us to do, stop making pointless arguments on the internet and actually get some work done today? Jerk. Don't you have a schedule or some rule changes to work on?

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Attention paid. Can I get a receipt?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In the mail :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's snowing in Georgia, I think today will be a total waste :D

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Cocker spaniel. The gateway dog.

Sorry, giving your BBS history, I couldn't resist. :D

R Acree likes this.
  8. G2G

G2G I feel the need

My killer pit wants to know when racing season is. You can see how aggressive he is.

[​IMG]

Pigman likes this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He's obviously just run out of things to kill. Look at that blood soaked rug!

Banditracer likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The sarcastic posts with pictures of dogs not killing people at the time the picture is taken always crack me up. All dogs take naps. Killers too. :D

To be clear, I'm not anti-pitbull at all. The sweetest, most loving dog I ever met was a friend's pitbull. I didn't think a dog be nicer than my Rottweiler until I met that one. But some of these posts always make me laugh.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Post coital nap?

12. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Yup. Everyone thinks this dog is a pit. I think it's because of the brindle coat. She's husky dominant/jack Russell mix. [​IMG]

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I think it's the third eye that freaks people out.

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  14. ped

ped Banned

Funny someone mentioned cockerspaniel. That's the one dog I've been attcked by. I was 7 playing in my friends yard fucking thing latched on and wouldn't let go.

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That was a brave jack russell!

16. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

A motorcycle can do no harm unless operated by a human. That is not the case with an animal. Please present a logical argument. As far as guns go, their ownership is a constitutionally protected fundamental right.

17. nigel smith

In our lawsuit happy society, any potential litigation would likely involve a shotgun approach. Surely you don't believe that a competent attorney would fail to go after the property owner or his insurance company. For the most part, my pockets are deeper than my tenants. Why do you suppose that I can lose my property insurance for allowing large and vicious breeds in my rentals? Insurance companies are governed by actuarial science, not emotion.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They can go after you for anything - I know that better than most and why we have company as well as personal insurance. You can lose your insurance for have small vicious beasts too. So why not ban all animals? You're the one who has chosen to not allow dogs you think are evil, it's ridiculous since all of your arguments against them can be used for other animals as well. However those are allowed by you...

19. nigel smith

My insurance company has a breed specific list of unacceptable dogs, plus a catchall clause that lets them make individual calls. Pit bulls are not the only dog on the list. If someone shows up to lease a property with a surly, snarling golden retriever, they will not be renting from me. I don't need to take the chance, however slight. If someone shows up with a tiger wearing a cute hat, should I make the decision to place that animal in close proximity to bystanders? This conversation is likely endless, but simply Google pit bull attacks and then do the same for any other breed. A logical person, one not afflicted with an emotional need to defend a particular breed of animal, can draw only one conclusion.

20. nigel smith

I think you are on to something. I haven't seen any research to support the idea, but cocker spaniel ownership probably leads inevitably to the possession of pit bulls in pyjamas.