1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Pit bull attack

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Feb 6, 2016.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What I wouldn't give to see a purse pet blinded with bloodlust spring from its Prada prison and chew the face off Paris Hilton. :D

2. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Well it is what it is. You have a breed that was bred to be a aggressive and cause damage to other living creatures. So yeah, you have a pre-disposed breed in the fighting dogs in general.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Most every dog was bred to be aggressive and cause damage to other living creatures. For thousands of years, a dog's primary purpose was hunting and protection. It's only very recently that they've become companions. Iirc, pit bulls are catch dogs, meant to have strong jaws to grab large prey and hold it down so the hunter could come in and kill the animal being hunted.

4. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Yup they are Killers......and the Jaw pressure and Lock Jaw are not True. Shepards and Rotties have a higher bite pressure than Pits.

Its always FUNNNY the people who hate them the most, have never met or owned one are usually the band wagoners and just spread the Lies and BS they have heard....and are usually the most miss informed of them all.

[​IMG]

Funkm05, Jeff McKinney and SCHMITTY91 like this.
  5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

OMG! Tweeeeeeeeeeee!!!

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well those are obviously baby killers right there. :D

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

My nephew had his throat torn open by a beloved family pet. He survived after multiple surgeries. Possibly this may have coloured my opinion of the breed somewhat. You can spin the numbers any way you want, but if you attempt to deny that pit bulls are massively over represented in dog bite incidents you are simply delusional. Why would a reasonable person even take the chance of exposing others to potential harm when there are a multitude of breeds available that make wonderful pets wIthout the associated level of risk? It's a moot point anyhow. Although I don't approve of government over reach, the plethora of anecdotal evidence involved makes a breed specific ban almost inevitable.

8. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

You can spin the numbers any way you want, but if you attempt to deny that pit bulls are massively over represented in dog bite incidents you are simply delusional.

and the numbers are VERY skewd.....you get bit by a small breed dog breaks the skin draws blood the Same as a pit bite.....who do you think will be made know first not the little dog. Ask any VET or Vet tech and they will tell you...... so allthough your experince is not a good one its still not a reason to hate all pits...

Ive been bit 3 times and all German shepards....... i still owned them

pit bites zero....just tons of kisses

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Little dogs can be high strung and do bite more often than large dogs, but the damage they can do is limited.
    There are way too many pits around these days. People have got to stop breeding them, the shelters around here are packed with them. Possibly the most euthanized breed in the US today.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You don't think that has anything to do with all the bans? When I was searching for a rental in Nashville that was always the first thing to come up when I asked about dogs, "no pitbulls or aggressive breeds". I would say lots of people dump these dogs off at shelters when they're informed that they can't have them in their house/neighborhood/town or on their insurance policy.

11. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Shelters are over run with them and Now the Police are pulling them and using them for EVERYTHING...... so hopefully it will change and help the negative they carry...

12. nigel smith

I do not allow pit bulls or aggressive breeds in my rentals. In addition to any liability I might incur, I have no desire to be complicit in injuring an innocent party. Further, if you think that you are responsible enough to own an animal that has the capacity to do grievous harm to a human being, I think you should also be responsible enough to own your own home where the onus of restraining said animal falls entirely on you.

13. nigel smith

Therein lies the heart of the issue. Once the cocker spaniel bites your kid, he lets the child run away crying. A little antiseptic spray, a bandaid, and a kiss on the head are likely the only treatment required. In my nephew's case, the pit bull released him upon being shot dead. The boy would have almost certainly died had there not been an adult with a gun present.

14. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Yep, kill 'em all.

Shelters have these tree hugger workers that think they can rehabilitate all these pit bulls gone bad. Give me a fucking break.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Those dogs are plotting your demise for dressing them in goofy clothes.

Banditracer and Pigman like this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's a good thing you don't know anybody that's been hurt or killed on "one of them crotch rockets". Then you'd have to go on a personal crusade about how they're terrible death machines and should be banned. ;)

17. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Does it change the fact that someone was bit.....no, just the amount of dammage. They are a very athletic strong dog and do damage quickly but thats not why you HATE the breed... so if it was a cocker spaniel did it would you hate them too or was it an accident.

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Now if we could only get the world this interested in killing off stupid.

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  19. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Therein lies the heart of the issue is with you I think................ one bad dog doesn't mean they are KILLERS

Kind of like my buddy who is deathly affraid of flying......I ask him do you know anyone that has crashed died or been hurt in a plane crash......NO

Same Q... do you know anyone that has crashed died or been hurt in a CAR crash.... YES many

So why do you still drive, you should be afraid of it... great thinking Right

20. nigel smith

When cocker spaniels start killing people on a regular basis, I will re-evaluate the breed.

Shyster d'Oil likes this.