1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicky: why???

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Mar 12, 2015.

1. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I get it: the guy is enjoying the glitz of being a player in Moto-GP.
    But what I don't get is his satisfaction for a fight for 14th place, year after year. This appears to be how his career will end.
    Surely he has the millions to not need the check. Surely the rest of it all has soured compared to actually fighting for a win.
    Of course he is an incredible talent, with a resume few could claim. But dammit Nicky, go to a series that will give you a ride that is capable of winning.

At this point, he has lost my respect. Until he gets th fire back in his belly to win, I will continue to be disappointed.

OK, blast away friends!!!

2. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

haha Im saying nothing for once:up:

3. Im not going to go as far as to say he has lost my respect. But I do wish he would do something different. I feel he could have a Checa/Biaggi type return to WSBK and battled for Championships.

Perhaps he feels battling for 10th-14th in MotoGP is better than battling for top 5 in WSBK. Perhaps he would lose personal sponsors by leaving MotoGP. Perhaps there wasn't an appealing ride for him in WSBK. Who knows. But I would rather see him battling for wins in WSBK, or even the AMA, rather than hoping to get 10th in MotoGP.

4. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Sorry guys, I think Nicky is trying his best. He has always been Very good about not making excuses. He does NOT talk about his personal situations (pain levels), he doesn't bash his team or the bike and most of all he doesn't bash HRC. He is not on a top bike. He tries every session he is out there. Give he a break, being in the top tier of racing without the top team, bike or support is difficult. Yes, I would love to see him battling for the box but this is not possible in his situation. Just my two cents, yes I following him, ie, read everything about him and the team, that I can find.

5. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

^x1000^ :up:

6. I agree with that. Personally, I wasn't questioning his desire or fire or any of that. I just don't know if another Championship run is in the cards for him in MotoGP, even if he was on the Factory Honda.

We are biased towards "our people" and I would rather see him battling for wins. He is a helluva rider and very exciting to watch; I just want to see him running up front...even if it is in WSBK.

7. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

I can't blame Nicky for trying to make the best living he can, while he can. Not many people in the world have the opportunity to do what he does, no need to give that up too soon. He may still get to WSBK, I hope, but only if he would be happy there.

Let's wait to see how vizladog weighs in on the subject, however. :D

8. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I question whether at this stage he'd be a true, consistent top 5 runner in WSBK.

Regardless, I agree with the positive comments for Nicky above. His history and top notch, professional conduct year in and year out speak for themselves.

His MotoGP contract may limit or prohibit the possibility, but I'd like to see him get his Mile win to complete the Slam. There are more Mile events on the calendar now then there have been in quite awhile. NH showing up at a Mile event on a competitive bike is something I'd put all else aside for and travel for in a heartbeat, multiple times.

Until then, I guess we'll have to enjoy his scrapping for a top ten finish . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

9. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

?

Well guys anyone in his position you have to respect. He knows he doesn't have a chance to win but yet he goes and does all the testing countless laps training etc. To hope to get a top ten takes a lot of courage in my book plus he makes 4million a season so yea he's doing what he loves and being paid so who are we to pass judgement !

10. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Agreed, I went to far with the loss of respect comment. He will always have that. I would love to see that mile slam and I don't know the particulars driving his decision to stay put.
    I just feel he could still scrape for a win elsewhere, and I for one would pay to see him back home. And I really miss dudes hanging that rear end out (not for other guys tho).:moon:
    Still disappointed and it is a selfish concern.

11. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Have you ever talked face to face with Nicky? Or Tommy? Or Roger? Or Earl? I am blown away you said the words "lost respect".... That is all....

12. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

I can't speak for anyone at his level, but I hazard a guess that, once you taste victory at the pinnacle of motorcycle racing, a win anywhere else is nowhere near as sweet. Not discounting the other series - they are also in a league I would never come close to understanding. Like dropping from expert to novice to pick up another win. And I would also guess that not one top rider thinks that way (or he would not be at that level). Your performance certainly mirrors your mentality.

13. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

Always been a fan of his, yes it's not too satisfying to watch him fight in the back of the pack. Knowing what we know about motorcycle racing, he has a team that believes in him otherwise they wouldn't have signed him, he's making serious coin to race, in a world that has less and less full sponsored teams...hell if he came to the AMA, he'd probably have to pay for his own ride....:rolleyes:

We could only dream of being where he's at Morris...:Poke:

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

MotoGP is still the premiere motorcycle racing association. So he should leave there where he is unarguably racing the fastest to move to a lesser division so he can maybe win and make less? Every time he places 14th he is the reaffirming that he is the 14th fastest in the world. I could live with that if I were him and apparently he can too, although I'm sure he would rather win.

15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

the last thing in the world Nicky gives a shit about is your respect.

Are you the absolute best in the entire world at your profession? If not, you should quit before you lose the respect of randoms on the internet.

<eyeroll>

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lots of stupid in this thread.

Nicky wants to win.

Nicky hasn't lost any drive or determination.

Nicky would absolutely run top 3 wsbk no question.

Considering he's been finishing the best on that turd customer honda, I'd say he's riding the shit out of it.

He's had plenty of injuries that force other riders to retire. He's still racing.

I'd say he fucking loves to race.

Oh yea, he's also one of the coolest down to earth racers you'll ever meet .

17. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Did you bump yer fuck'n head???:rolleyes:

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Not sure if serious...

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

+1
    I think he's riding better than ever. Have him switch bikes with Pedrosa and see what happens. He has a terrific work ethic, and is an asset to that team. Why would he want to go back to the minor league?