1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hog Hunting - Texas

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Jan 20, 2015.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Twinkies work better. The cellophane crinkling attracts 'em! :up:

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd put out a corn pile and when a bunch of hawgs gathered up, I'd call in an A10 strike.

Boars are mean.

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I saw the video of those guys that put a bucket of tannerite in the middle of the food plot. That was messy.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Just zero your mortar rounds to the corn pile:up:

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I've always used a bow for pigs, using a rifle seems too easy. That being said if you're going to use a 223 I'd shoot them in the ear, and not with some FMJ cheap ammo.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A bow? Why not just try and sneak up behind a boar and try and buttf@ck it? I think the sodomy might piss it off just a hair less than the arrow. :D

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You can see toob footage of .223 rolling hogs from a helo no problem. For you heroes I know a place in FL that will let you use a spear or knife, your choice. So come on down and take lots of video for us :D

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Hell, you might even make a friend ;)

In reality, a broad head tipped arrow shot from a powerful bow makes a pretty devastating wound. The trick is getting close enough.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  9. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

I would prefer to keep my balls than have a hog rip them off, they are for the 2 legged hogs to play with

10. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Wrong ammo or poor shot placement.

969 likes this.
  11. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I've had them drop within 20 feet. :). Dropped a sheep once that took one step and fell over, 45 yards away and it was dead before I got to it. Sneaking up on them is pretty easy if there is any cover and the wind is in your favor.

12. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Killed the black one with a bow, orange with a 7mm. Thats a long bed truck. They were huge. We ran out of arrows on the black one before he ran out of blood.

[​IMG]

13. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

Wait... what are all these dead pigs and gun talk doing in the thread... I though he was talking about going hogging in Texas.

14. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Perfect timing for this thread, I just asked about this on FB last night. I'll be in the Brownsville area next month and am wanting to go while I am there.

15. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

Ben I totally want to do this but the I'm not sure the other half will allow it.
    I just picked up a M&P10 over the holidays and of course my Ruger Alaskan .44mag with some 300gr hornady over 23.5gr of H110 would do just fine!!!!

Attached Files:

16. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

What are the guns for?

[​IMG]

:D

17. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

18. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

received_357167311122971.jpg

Killed this one last weekend. 220lbs...head shot at 330yds with a 6.5 short action ultra mag. Head shots are the only way with small to medium calibers. We tracked one the day before for hours that was shot in the chest. These bastards dont bleed like normal animals. Gooooooood eatin!

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

For some reason that pic made me laugh, I thought of the caption…."Mounted"

One heck of a shot though:up:

20. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Tell her that they kill pitbulls. :crackup: