1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hog Hunting - Texas

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Jan 20, 2015.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I’m 50/50 on this. I love animals and hate the thought of killing a coyote, even as one who hunts…………HOWEVER, we have them more and more around here and had a few really close calls so I understand now why it’s done. Natures a bitch, and no matter what we want to believe, we humans are a part of it. I don’t embrace hunting coyote personally, but I also won’t judge those that do where it’s needed. And I’ma judge-mental m-effer:D

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

When they eat your pets, you may or may not change your opinion.

ClemsonsR6 and britx303 like this.
  3. Because that “dog” eats domestic dogs, and cats and my deer. Every once and a while you have to intervene in nature. So far we have 17 less “dogs” in my hood this year. I spent a metric shit ton of money for a nice suppressed rifle and all other sorts of night and thermal vision so I can dog watch. Speaking of if you are bored there is a dog at my tree line who is not too active. I have to go get him in my golf cart because at 640 this am I didn’t feel like carrying a dog 500 or so yards up to the house.

4. Because a penis extension that is .308” diameter traveling close to 3000fps really extends it far. The whole key is to make sure it hits its target. Joking aside I don’t pose with my dogs like 2fer mainly because I’m usually alone and hard to take a selfie carrying a dog.

5. Ar-10 is a great coyote and hog gun. I love mine.

6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I agree. Unfortunately here, AR-10 is tough to find right now. .308 and 6.5 in a long rifle can be had but if I want to spend the money, I'll buy something multi-purpose and a semi-auto is a far more purposeful tool to me at this time.

7. Eddie Span

Eddie Span Active Member

Never been hog hunting but I'd like to someday.
    Someone ping me if you need an extra person to go in on fees with or whatever.

8. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

We used these guy's a couple months ago,cheap and great guides,Gators and Hog's,,,it was,,,,bit different.
    https://www.facebook.com/tsevergladesoutfitters
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Phl218 and Eddie Span like this.
  9. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Choot'um Troy, Choot'um!!!

SpeedWerks Racing likes this.
  10. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

That was one of the best things about living in TX. I had never been hunting before I moved there. But hog hunting is year round and no license/ tags required. So once I started I was out there all the time

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  11. I happened to stop by PSA Friday and they had a blemished one on sale so I had to buy it. Machined new trigger today, started the painful process of deburring/ polishing things that needed it, installed upgraded buffer / spring that matches my other one, grip that’s close to what I like but need to print another custom one, and a couple other odds and ends. Already have a good scope for it so this will be a daytime gun. Hopefully in the morning I can slight it in before it starts raining for a couple days straight.