Ninja H2 coming.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 1, 2014.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

It's still 100 lbs. I'd take the 200hp/425lb machine any day.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I got a chuckle out of that. :D:beer:

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Is that 200 and 300 at the crank. The H2R is 300 at the crank so likely will be in the neighborhood of 250-255 on a RWHP dyno.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Quarter mile. Cold track.
    Rider Rickey Gadson
    Ext swingarm, JRI shock, BST wheels no other stated mods.

ET 8.21
    MPh 166

I guess you wanna see it too http://youtu.be/SBP37Sk1mgU

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  5. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Soo, 1 tenth quicker than a similarly modded s1000rr

6. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

The lack of warranty is pretty much the same with any race bike. Look at all the Japanese mx bikes I don't believe any of them come with a warranty or much of one

7. TurboBlew

Ive never seen a bmw run a 5.3@136 nothing...even on spray. A turbo charged one hasnt even run that fast.

8. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

I'm talking 1/4 mile time. Not too mention, with a 68" chassis , well setup I can go those times on nearly any of the big bikes with nothing more than a dry kit. It's impressive for a stockish bike but nothing game changing. I've been 8.18 @ 181mph on a 64" chassis on a DOT tire

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Was that an H2 or H2R? He kept saying both.

And, did he say brembo errythang?

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Some stuff looks out of place here. He doesn't explicitly say its an H2R, he says its a "hybrid". I don't know what exactly that means, but I'm thinking this is an H2 with a few "R" pieces grafted onto it.

Notice it has a headlight which the R doesn't have, also one of the ram air intakes is blocked off, as the non-R version has. Although the mirrors are removed and replaced with the R's winglets, and obviously the R exhaust.

Headlight and closer ram air duct is blocked off

[​IMG]

H2 (non-R) left port is blocked, right is open

[​IMG]

11. TurboBlew

yeah I think its a street model with the R cams, R exhaust & thinner headgasket. Plus the frame isnt painted green as previously mentioned.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If he's racing it during the 2015 season Rickey won't show all his cards till then. It's just some marketing hype for Kawi.

Which means the race trim bike will be faster.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They probably used that as a safety buffer in case he ran a (comparatively) lousy time they could say, "......and this isn't even the R version."

14. TurboBlew

I did see a vid of him saying it fell under "nitrous bike" rules so he can bolt on a nice crazy 350hp mulistage nitrous setup for more bananas backfires

15. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

In order for him to make his normal class I'm pretty sure the bike has to have at least a headlight

16. metricdevilmoto

Is it? I honestly have no idea. I know my Zuma (I know it's NOT a race bike) came with a warranty of some kind and I recall the YES being pretty comprehensive. I didn't get it, obviously, but I remember looking through the pamphlet in the dealership when I picked up the Zuma and it seemed like a pretty good deal if you were a street guy who needed that kind of thing.

I get that the H2R is a different thing, but no warranty is NO warranty. If the first time you start it up it shits out a rod through the cases, it's on you. Not very reassuring.

17. 418

418 Expert #59

Usually MX bikes come with 30 day warranty. Or at least the Yamaha's do.

18. Pepsi Drinker

Pepsi Drinker Well-Known Member

19. metricdevilmoto

Wait, so he put DOTs on it and it didn't explode?

20. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Pretty sure you're right, he runs "Real Street" class, right?