Crossplane R1

Discussion in 'General' started by rowe748, Mar 27, 2014.

1. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

How many times does this need to be said before anyone asks which 1000 for the track. :D

Want it have fun? Want to go slow? Want to go really fucking fast? Want an easy bike to ride? Wants lots of power? Want reliability? Want an unfrickinkimited supply of spares and set up info? Want to spend less than 6k?

Ohh ok buy a GSXR 1000 from 05-08.

Want the opposite of any of the above?

Buy any of the rest of them from that time period. :D or after except the ZX. It's good fun. And the Ape is purty, and then you're only 30 hp down on an 05 GSXR!!! :D

Thaaaaaaat being said. For the R1, It's a 2012 Japanese Sportbike. It's fricken phenomenal compared to pretty much everything on the planet. Far more than any of us need. So is the ZX and Suz and Ape cooler or better? Sure, but who really cares. It's weak points are so minimal in comparison to its overall awesomeness you'll be really happy with it. Buy what makes you happy. Not what the goon squad on here says. :D

otherwise you'll end up on an 05 ZX10 cause Nazif says it's the greatest bike ever! 'Sup sheik.

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I haven't ridden some of the 2010 and newer stuff, but after having 40+ bikes the 2005 ZX10 is still the nastiest, most in your face, raucous bike I have ever ridden. Still waiting for the right one to pop up at an "I can't say no" price.

3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Yep.

Miss my '05 ZX-10. Beautiful raw titanium color. Thing was an absolute monster. For actual racing, I would not want to ride it. But for pure hooliganism, wheeling down the straights at track days...fuck yes. Bring it. :clap:

4. I had an 06 or 07 zx10r that pulled like a freight train, wouldn't stop for shit and turned like an elephant on roller skates. I miss nothing about that bike but the sheer terror when I rode it.

5. rowe748

rowe748 Well-Known Member

Owned an 05 ZX10 as well, can confirm one of the most brutal bikes I've ridden. After having 8 Ducati's in a row, and now owning a KLR, I've come to want something a little less maintenance intensive.

I've been off the track for a few years now, but I'm hoping to pull off 1 race this year. After reading through the thread, the Aprilia is starting to sound appealing.

6. Scotty87

:confused:

I kid, I kid. :D

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

um you need to ride a beemer or modern zx10.

I have alot of seat time on an 04 & 05 zx10. It was lighter than anything of that vintage but the tach was shit for reading. When suzuki put the 05 1k out... even the greenest of Big K riders made the switch. It was that much of a better bike.

8. Scotty87

I'm sure. As I said I haven't ridden those, and while I'm sure there are plenty of faster and better overall bikes out there, obviously including the 05 GSXR 1K, the ZX just felt the most raw. I know that's a subjective analysis, but I'm not the only person to feel that way.

9. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Love my 04 on the street, violently spins the wheel at 5000rpm. Full arrow ti system PCIII -1 sprocket and a 1/5th throttle. Shitty pic sorry.
    [​IMG]

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^^^^Best looking bike ever!! Love me some 04/05 ZX10s And prolly the only bike me and the Shiek agree on. I've ridden the RSV4 and own the new ZX10.

I say get the RSV4

And Ben he is looking for Character, the last thing a GSXR has is Character.

11. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

I told him to get what he wants and makes him happy. It's modern Japanese bike. There isn't anything really wrong with it. :D Asking which is best or arguing about it is silly (we all know the answer), know matter what you guys tell yourselves. :D too much swamp water for you.

12. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Which racers are you talking about, club, AMA, WSB? I remember when the BMW came out, CU mentioned several times in his RRW ride review that he would not recommend anybody buy the bike without TC. When AMA riders speak about such matters, I listen. Don't think you can buy the S1000RR without TC anymore, I may be mistaken...

13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

We ALL know the best one is the new ZX10 but even that lacks character. Fuckin GREAT bike though.

14. DWhyte91

I did six laps at a track day with it, brought it back into the pits and parked it. My 07 Gsxr 600 worked much better for the track and my 08 Gsxr 1000 would eat it alive and poop out its remains but it's not a fair comparison.

I rode my buddies 09 R1 and it was an excellent street bike IMO. Smooth, sounds orgasmic with a set of akros, and you feel very connected with the rear tire. He didn't have the Y pipe changed at the time and it cooked my ass something fierce.

15. DWhyte91

Can't wait to try mine :) looks like I keep picking the right bikes!

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Eff you buddy!:down:

17. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

+1, I love my RSV4 :up:

18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I look at GSXR's as the Souless Gingers of the Motorcycling world. I've owned several also.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Comparing GSXRs to IOMtt is not very nice.

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If that's true, then my K5 1000 is Jessica Hamby from True Blood

[​IMG]