(Former) Cop shoots man for texting during movie previews

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Jan 13, 2014.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Only if you are in the next car over.:D

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Is the person that needs killin' an east coast liberal douchebag who drives a prius and talks down to people who aren't enlightened enough to agree with everything he thinks and says?

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Two-guys entered a rule measuring contest. Both were fools. One is dead. The other might as well be, or wished to be.

I am sure one guy thought he had the advantage. The one with the hidden power is definetely a fool for continuing and branding but this power he has rehearsed and was in his DNA.

No excuse.

This is one more example why I do not like CCW. It should be open-carry only.

4. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Nope he's a right wing crazy that can't have a logical debate because he's conditioned to think the opposite about anything that comes out of a Democrats mouth, even if it's exactly what he wants. Then if all else fails and he gets stuck in a corner when presented with facts, calls the other guy's an elitists and cries that he's being talk down to.

Edit: It's funny, my stepdad drives a Prius, lives in Kentucky and reads O'Reilly books. What's your take on that?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

How do you know these facts? None of the articles I've read indicate it went down this way, including the eye witness account by the father and son who came away with the victim's blood spatters.

6. Lawn Dart

So, of course, shooting him was the appropriate next step. LOL

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, if he's a mindless liberal obama cheerleader, he can wave his copy of the little red book at him while he gets out his tacticool AR15 out and takes aim. If he's a right wing nut, it's ok corral time.

He's insane. Three out three on the nutball checklist were ticked.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Where did I say that should be the next step?

9. Lawn Dart

You didn't... That's just what happened. :D

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And the old guy was absolutely wrong. Still, there was no need for the texter to be an a$$hole (again, that is if the reports are correct).

11. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

You want it both ways. Democrats are mindless Obama followers, but they are enlightened people that talk down to others?

Funny about the mindless cheerleaders comment. You ever watch a CSPAN or CSPAN2 vote. While you can definitely tell who sponsored a bill by the tally, I always seem to see the Republicans voting nearly 100% in one direction, while the Democrats have a significant amount of desenters. I'm sure you'll say it's because it's the right/wrong bill for America, but there is plenty of evidence that the RNC controls all it's members and if they don't vote the correct way they are threatened with being "primaried" even before that word became a verb.

I'm sure you've heard of Blue Dog Democrats, they are included in the Democrat party debates, not silenced.

And just so we are clear on your answer. That is a yes to shooting someone that doesn't agree with your opinion?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  12. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

It was in an article I read. The victim started mouthing off when the old guy got back to his seat. It might have been going both ways. Then there was a "physical altercation" of some sort.

13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

A liberal cornering someone with facts? I just spit Honey Nut Cheerios on my keyboard.

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Shooter should be locked up as he is a crazy loon that is dangerous.

If your text is so important miss the movie instead of being a rude bastard (NO that is not sufficient to bodily harm someone). Turn the #@$%#$%#@ phone OFF. Do so in church also. Of course exceptions for Doctors, EMTs, etc. as the disturbance they cause may save someones life and is 100% justified.

Oh and keep the loon locked up as being crass is not sufficient excuse for a death sentence.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Where did I say I was a right wing gun polishing nut, a MSNBC drooling left leaning obama cheerleader, a don't touch my stuff libertarian or anything? Do I watch Cspan? Nope. I do watch MSNBC, BBC america news and al jezzera US and I read drudge report and the NY times. Got me figured out yet? I support socialized medicine, legalized pot and higher taxes for anyone making over X dollars a year with the elimination of tax loopholes. I support waiting periods with background checks on ALL guns. Abortion is abhorrent but it is a woman's choice.
    I think hate crime legislation should be done away with, all set asides for race or color for admission to university should be outlawed, that the NAACP is a hate group. The death penalty is used too sparingly and that 1/4 to 1/2 of the current US prison population should be executed immediately.
    Smell what I'm cooking yet?
    The UN should be thrown out of NY, we should cut back by 50 ~ 90% of what we pay to this crooked org and our membership should be seriously reviewed.

To answer your last questions: Depends. Some people need shootin'.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Texting free zone too.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, that's what the article linked says. Yeah he played up what it says a touch but that is still the core of what happened.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If dead dude took it from arguing to physical and old dude defended himself it'll be interesting. Of course he's screwed already even if justified because he was a cop so the entire ftp brigade will be all over him being guilty no matter what.

19. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Kinda what I was thinking.

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Intersting view points here. Why does the venue (movie theater) matter?

When this goes to court, it's going to be about self defense. The retired police captain was attacked by a younger man. He pulled out his pistol and shot him. Where it happened doesn't make a damn bit of difference and what lead up to it doesn't matter too much either. It's like Zimmerman defending his life while his head is being bashed into the concrete...what lead up to it is not as important as the moment you decide that your life is in danger and you are going to defend yourself with deadly force.

None of us were there and have no idea how bad he was or wasn't getting beat down but this is the challenge that the defense team faces.

Sorry to inject a little realism here...continue on with why conservitives are born and bread to assasinate liberals or whatever the hell you lunatics are yacking about. :D