deserting the Dynasty-

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Mook, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

they better do it soon.

all of these shows have a "freshness" date.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's interesting is I remember reading before this past season that Phil wouldn't be on the show as much if at all in the future. I'm also not seeing A&E saying they're cancelling the show, just that Phil won't be on air...

3. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Does anybody have a web address where I can look up weekly viewership numbers for TV shows? That might be interesting to watch. I bet DD doubles their audience this week.

I've seen fifteen minutes of one episode. No desire to ever watch another second of it.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

google.com

5. six6two

six6two AWD

Sellouts? Hahaha the guys just wanted to make enough to be able to hunt all the time and not worry about anything else. The success came from their Duck Commander DVD's they used to sell to promote the calls, which are damn good for the price point. Those old DVD's were way better than any bs they've put on TV. No script, just some badass dudes absolutely slaying birds with some style. Soon as they hit TV the content was shit IMO. Typical "reality" deal I guess.

6. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Perused some other boards and news sites... Please let me rescind my question.

I shall never overestimate humanities grasp of reason again, well... today at least.

7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I've never really understood the draw of the show. I've seen an episode or two. It doesn't do anything for me.

But, I find it interesting that its the top story on CNN today. Telling times that something a reality TV show personality said is deemed to be the nation's top news.

8. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I didn't want to post yesterday given the nature of his comments, but I think A&E will lose on this deal.

I love my country.:rock:

9. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

No comment ;)

10. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Been watching the "FB boycott A&E" page for about 20 minutes. Averaging about 800 likes a minute.

:Pop:

11. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Ya... this wont end well for A&E.

12. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

You greatly overestimate the american public.

our fickle selves will forget this ever happened, by next week.

13. 6_Myles

6_Myles Well-Known Member

CMT passed on DD...they may be making some phone calls at this point.

14. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I think the TV show is done. I think the Family is tired of it and wanted out. They will take the Robertson/Duck Commander name with them and just keep the merch train rolling on down the line. They used A&E to build it, now they can run with it sans network involvement.

15. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

I've been watching those pages too (there's about a billion of them already) and my favorite suggestion is to "everybody eat at chick-fil-a on 12/23" in a show of solidarity.

I do love that some people are dumb enough to think that will have any effect on either Chick-Fil-A or A&E.

I gotta say though, while I don't agree with Phil, I think that was a stupid move by A&E. They gotta know who their demo is and alienating them isn't exactly the smartest move, whether they agree or not. Business is business, and A&E overreacted. They should've just said "his views aren't our views, blah blah blah."

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Conflicting views are no longer permitted.

17. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Personally I don't see any issue with Phil stating his beliefs. It doesn't appear there was any hate behind his words and he doesn't deserve hate to be thrown back at him. I also agree A&E overreacted, but in understanding their demographic for this program, they also have to appeal to the larger demographic of their entire program line-up, investors, etc.

Now this guy on the other hand is a real gem: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...66365149&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_comment (It is a link to a post I made on FB, so I'm not sure everyone can see it although I did make it public).

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mr. Strong needs an intervention.

19. MrOgle

MrOgle I love college!

Were you the first person to invoke Godwin's Law in that thread? :D

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So that guy was your friend and you never saw any signs of this before today?