Post up your "NEW" and "AFFORDABLE" health care rate

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Oct 9, 2013.

1. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I would trade my current plan for 'real' socialized plan I had in my first 25 years of life :)
    Covered from day you born to day you die with no out of the pocket expense. That was real socialized medicine.

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I had that until the ACA showed up. Now I have out of pocket. Can't have those cadillac plans...

Fuck Barry and the ears he flew in on.

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

At least you didn't have a kid on Jan 1st this year like I did.

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Nah. Motorcyclists are more beautiful, smarter, and ballsier than the average schmuck. I think it's a good thing if we add to the gene pool.

Plus, the more we all reproduce the more racers there will be, bikes and parts will become cheaper and more plentiful and I can go to the track more, there will be more places to race, and hundred dollar bills will fall from the sky funding my crash and medical copayment budget.

However, this obviously doesn't apply to anyone helping Range Rovers test their suspension or doing annual rides of the century.

5. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Shoulda told the wifey to push harder, man. "Think of the rebate, hon!" "Are you sure you won't consider a Cesarean?"

7. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

No it's not, it's a pretty piss poor health care law but it's not socialized medicine.

Oh, and when you're thanking Obama for the plan, don't forget to give a shout out to Newt and the boys.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...e-think-tank-invented-the-individual-mandate/

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

In the industry I am in 40%GP and above is where I can do no wrong. 30%GP some serious questions are being asked and if you hit 20% without serious justification you better have your resume very refreshed.
    I just get a kick out of people whining about businesses making "obscene" profits when they do not have a fucking clue what they are talking about. 8% is not obscene profits. If there was so much money to be made people would be lining up to do it. If someone thinks they could do something better they should get off of their ass and do it.
    (And before Papa finds a post where I was whining and should have gotten off of my ass and did something I am fully aware that I can be somewhat hypocritical at times!) :D

9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

In the underground utility market we used to get 25-35% profit on our sales. The sales guys were making well into six figures. One sales guy made over $480K one year, with his largest paycheck being $68K for one month. After the collapse and the market went to shit, you're lucky to get 10-15% out of a job.

10. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

FWIW, if I go below 32% GP I am a dead man. It is our absolute bottom.

11. TStinson

TStinson Well-Known Member

Our Government in a nutshell. $643 Million spent on the healthcare.gov website.

Price tag is six and a half times higher than original $94million contact.

Contractor CGI Federal built the site and demanded more money from the government as costs soared.

Only a handful of Americans have been able to sign up for the health insurance exchanges on Healthcare.gov.

Site still is issuing error messages when users try to sign in.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ost-634MILLION-doesnt-work.html#ixzz2hQR12Nn2
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2452404/Obamacare-website-cost-634MILLION-doesnt-work.html

12. DuncR6

DuncR6 BCICAN

We have the same issue here. It's like they build things and don't put themselves in the shoes of the user. I build files for people too and mine never have these issues......because I test it. I don't see how people build sites like this and don't test it by trying to break it before launching. Boggles my mind that people never do testing.

13. lizard84

While it's crazy that the website is having the issues that it's having, and clearly, the ball has been dropped, the feeding frenzy of incorrect reports is off the hook.

How a 94 million website contract get expanded to the 634 million is beyond me.

Fact checking is your friend. I'll be the first to state I don't have the chops to give a ballpark guess of the proper cost of a national healthcare site that has the scope and capacity of the one in question.

"The GAO states that the “highest volume” of that $394 million was related to the development of “information technology systems,” a more detailed look at that cost shows that a portion that $394 million was spent on things like call centers and collection services. Take that out, and you’re left with roughly $363 million spent on technology-related costs to the healthcare exchanges – the bulk of which ($88 million) went to CGI Federal, the company awarded a $93.7 million contract to build Healthcare.gov and other technology portions of the FFEs."

Did they spend a shit ton of money? yes. Did they get there money's worth?, no. Did the website cost 634 mil?

No.

I have insurance, the premium increase is about up 4% for 2014, ACA has been blamed. I don't know if that true or not, But the premium has increased about the same amount, give or take each of the 5 years before that.

Please return to your feeding frenzy.:beer:

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That's pretty weak, as even that linked article points out.
    Even weaker if the claimants aren't embracing other Heritage Foundation recommendations.

15. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

You guys realize that gross profit (GP) and net profit aren't even similar, right?

40% or more in GP is necessary to pay sales general and administrative (SGA) expenses, commissions, salaries, other overhead, debt payments, taxes, various writedowns/writeoffs, etc.

What is left after that is net profit.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  16. In Your Corner

I bet Amazon could have added the whole thing to their website and handled every transaction without blinking an eye.
    The fact that they didn't design it to handle easily anticipated traffic is just mind-boggling.

17. In Your Corner

Conservatives sue to enforce ObamaCare employer mandate

I don't know why this hasn't happened sooner, or why Congress hasn't challenged Obama's illegal decisions to ignore certain parts of the law.
    This has become his modus operandi with too many laws.
    The law is only sacrosanct when it suits his political aims.

18. lizard84

It is and always was a republican idea.

19. lizard84

You're not right often, but in this case the blind squirrel has found the nut.:beer:

20. In Your Corner

Because a couple guys you assume are Republicans advocated it does not turn it into a Republican stand on the issue.
    That's an extreme stretch.