Ford Taurus

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, May 13, 2013.

1. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Now if Ford would brng the Falcon XR's over from Aus, I'd be all over one. But those would KILL taurus sales. Rather have rwd and 6spd man.

BTW, we are getting Holden Commodores SS's imported again. What was rebadged the Pontiac G8 is now the Chevy SS.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No way, most full size trucks can't. Not even close. A truck with a 4 banger turbo might, a truck with a diesel might - empty. My Dodge gets 15 combined town and hwy if I'm really really good about how I drive. 18 max hwy.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they brought over only manuals it wouldn't sell enough to justify the expense of shipping them. People in the US don't want manuals and a lot don't want rwd.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

SHO is AWD.

5. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Since we are talking about Ford here. They didn't take any government money. Just to keep the record straight and all

- Joe

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Both of you might want to scale back on the political bullshit...

7. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Not that I'm trying to start anything, but reading both statements, mine isn't really political in nature. I just stated a fact. The one I quoted had more of an political opinion to it.

I was just trying to keep the facts straight

- Joe

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know that - now quit arguing and just heed my warning ;)

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

11. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Rented one not long ago. I didn't drive like an ass...mostly highway and usually 8-10 over. Averaged just over 23. Maybe tires on yours were low? Maybe bad gas?
    Also Rented an Explorer (awd) a few weeks back which has, I think, the same engine as the Taurus. Averaged a little over 20.
    Was surprised 2 weeks ago with a new Toyota Avalon. Seemed to have some decent power and averaged a little over 31mpg over 900 miles, mostly highway, about 50% of the time with the A/C on.

12. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

i had a 5th gen taurus as company car. got it intially as it had the biggest gas tank and motor out of what i could select. ended up really liking it; and never expected that. i found myself really wanting the new one, but company cost cutting replaced the taurus option w/ a fusion. ....which isnt half bad either!

for a car... lol

incidentally, my taurus got low 20's in mixed driving. my fusion, surprisingly is just a tad better. the former was expected. the latter was definitely not.

vince
    :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've been getting 30 in rental Chargers, still floors me. It is mostly interstate (Vegas to Fontucky and back) and it is their estimate through the dash but it's not far off if at all. Best I can figure their eco mode for hwy works really well.

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

How fast were you driving on the highway?

15. My dad can get 20-21 in his 2010 Chevy Ext. Cab 1500 (gas). But he drives like he is 137 years old.

16. The speed limit.

17. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

Maybe your diesel does. My Titan is lucky to hit 15mpg.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nice enough looking but I made the mistake of looking at an A7 yesterday.

and there was an RS5 there also. :D

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Well, there were those government guaranteed loans they took out when they were facing bankruptcy in `06. Then the $5.9 Billion loan in `09...

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

My `11 F150 5.0 has averaged just under 20 for the past 10k miles.