1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford Taurus

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, May 13, 2013.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I had a rental Charger 2 years ago when I drove from Knoxville, TN to my parents house in Arkansas on Christmas Eve. I did a 550 mile trip with an overall average speed of 78mph and got 27.8mpg. I stopped once for fuel and snacks and was on cruise control almost the entire trip. I was stunned. That's a big car and the cruise was set at about 83 for most of the trip. It was the 6 cylinder version but still had good power. Not great but certainly adequate for a daily driver.

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

The "500" was always a Taurus, ford was just trying to comply with their own segment naming convention.

Fiesta
    Focus
    Five hundred
    Freestyle
    Flex

(All sedans/wagons)

Escape
    Explorer
    Excursion
    Expedition

(All SUV's)

"Taurus" ruined the theme.

3. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

I'll heed Sean's advice and refrain form setting you straight outside the dungeon too.

- Joe

4. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

They sure aren't very creative in the naming category are they? :)
    I figured the name change back had more to do with the fact that the Taurus was always their best selling car and when it went by-by, people stopped Bye-Byeing the replacement. If it aint broke don't fix it.

- Joe

5. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

When I rent I just ask for the most compact car so I can look like some circus freak attempting to get in and out of it.

6. :stupid:

If they wanted to stay with the "F theme". They should have named it the "Fuck". :crackup:

It would be awesome to see a commercial advertising "The New Ford Fuck". :crackup:

7. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Hopefully they upgrade the interior. I had a boner for the G8 but when I finally sat in one, I wanted no part of it. For the money, there was better.