2013 schedule?

Discussion in 'General' started by Thrillersean, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Asshole :crackup:

That is exactly the point.

Well for me, i just like doing a bunch of races and DH weekends make that more possible. But financially speaking, the travel is one of the worst parts (not to mention the aggravation). So if i can travel once and get twice the Sprints, im all about that shit. :clap:

2. earacing

earacing Race Dad

I hope Willow Springs finds a spot on the WERA West schedule.

3. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

CMP :up:
    GNF back at Road Atlanta :down:

Barber FTW :rock::rock::rock::clap::clap::clap::clap:

4. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

No, I was at Summit Point racing Saturday and watching Sunday.
    You see my doppelganger?

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1

I couldn't afford to go to all of them that close together, didn't make JGP or NOLA.

6. Another vote for the GNF back at Road Atlanta. :clap:

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Drive Bishes DRIVE!!!!! I love the GNF at the best track in the SE. Not to mention it's the second closest track to me. And is a HELL of a lot better for spectating. Road Atlanta, while it has grown on me, sucks big balls for spectators. Not to mention isn't as up to par with the facilities as Barber.

I mean IMO the GRAND NATIONAL FINALE should be held at somewhere fit to host such an event.

Now what you got for me you cheap fuckers?? And Wah Wah Wah about driving to NOLA. That place is awesome. Even though I suck balls at that track.

8. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

yes NOLA was great and well worth the trip. I hope to make it back there next year if i can get similar vacation days.
    I can appreciate the double headers, at tracks like NOLA where its a 10+ hour haul to get there. (even though it was a national/regional, which i enjoyed that i got to run in the national series this year with NOLA and Roebling being split like that)
    I think the point about it being more expensive is that its more expensive in a chunk rather than spread out. Its like when we used to complain about the SE/NF schedule in august being Jennings 1 week, Roebling the next, a week off and then Jennings again. I know since im close to jennings I would just roll in saturday night and single day it, but for the long trips, I agree that double headers are nicer.

I wish we could go down to Palm Beach International Raceway. Id like to try that track out, but dont want to race with the other org. (i heard they dont give out awesome pens at registration...)

if we want the GNF at a facility worthy of holding a GRAND NATIONAL FINAL, then Indy, Miller, and Laguna are the obvious choices.

Overall I think the schedule this year was great. Hope it doesnt change much (except for maybe moving NOLA earlier in the year so its not a 160% humidity and 90 degrees)

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh Oh. By 2013 GNF NOLA should be complete and bad ass!! My vote is NOLA for 2013 GNF!! :D

10. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Sean, will there be more endurance rounds next year?

11. IMO Road Atlanta is A LOT better than Barber for spectators. You can see the track from the paddock and can drive around and be right next to the action, everywhere.

I think RA is a lot more accessible to fans than Barber.

12. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I think so. Right at the beginning of SB race two.

13. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Crack.. you are smoking it.

For AMA, sure. When Road Atlanta has Jumbo Trons, and BArber doesnt.

But Road atlanta, other than T5 where you can watch the esses and over into T6, the rest of the track you see one, maybe two turns.

Barber from the hill of T2, you can watch either T1-T2, or T2-T4, From the paddock you can see 2/3 ofthe track, from Specator hill 3/4 of the track probably, and from T13 area a decent bit. Barber folds on itself in a way that makes specating MUCH easier than road atlanta which is spread out (sans jumbo trons at AMA)
    At ama I say Road atlanta is better, but ONLY due to the giant tvs.

:crackhead:

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

[​IMG]

15. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

Correction...NOLA was 106 degrees in the SHADE at my pit....track temp was 157 at 10:30am....

16. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

GNF needs to be at Daytona just to shake things up.

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1

What spectators? Those same 27 dudes that show up every year? They come to drink beer while motorcycles ride around, that's it. :D

I'm curious to see how the paddock at Barber works out for the GNF, it's packed on a regional weekend.

18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Sure, that tests rider ability. :)

19. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

What it would shake up is your motor. Running at redline lap after lap around the banking is a destroyer, and for those that can't afford the rebuild, kiss of death for the next season.
    Plus this is no tailgate joint. They run you out of the paddock at night.