Crutchlow may leave Moto GP

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wow, he still thinks that he would win if he swapped bikes with Lorenzo!

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So, who gets his seat? RdP?

4. watskooo

watskooo Well-Known Member

I think I read the opposite from Dovi a little while ago, he thinks that Lorenzo basically would be finishing the same on the Tech3 bikes. Still, can't blame a rider for wanting to be on a factory team.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow. Dude can't even equal Ben's results on the same team. No podium, no poles, basically he's done nothing to get him an offer of a factory ride. Pretty sure the difference in bikes was even greater for Ben and Colin in 2010 too.

Maybe Cal should stop worrying about paychecks and how other riders get to the track in the morning...

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd laugh my ass off if Ducati some how snapped him up for the support team (on a factory bike).

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

and isn't the same one that couldn't ride Ben's WSBK until Rossi tested the bike with a broken leg and corrected their issue....Crashlow is definitely not a development rider, or even a successful rider other than the one Supersport Championship on the ringer r6

8. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Can't blame him at all.

9. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

:stupid:

Not racing for money, but at the same time...if I can't win... why stay?

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

So, you gonna give up track days then?

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

so he'll make more money in WSBK than in MotoGP...that's pretty interesting to me...

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's he done to prove he deserves more? He's bitching about the factory riders beating him when he can't even beat his teammate. He's not seen a podium yet in two years and his first year on the bike his teammate has 5. Not really a position of strength for him.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Factory team to satellite team it's possible but I kind of doubt it. Might have something to do with sponsors and assuming he'll get win bonuses.

14. If he truly can make a lot more in WSBK, I don't blame him. Hopefully it's not a grass is greener scenario though. With Spies most likely back in WSBK next year, plus Melandri, Johnny Rea, and possibly the two old fast guys if they don't retire, wins might not come as easily as he thinks.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

But it's Cal...the next great British rider :rolleyes:

16. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

All good points above... he hasn't really proven he deserves a factory GP bike, despite feeling like he's somehow entitled to it.

All that aside though, I can't blame him for wanting to earn a better living while at the same time fight for a championship in WSB.

While we may all think the Tech 3 bikes are pretty close to the Factory M1s, who really knows other than the guys riding/building them? Yamaha has a history of screwing the satellite team in favor of the factory guys (or just the #1 factory guy actually).

17. cgordon3

Why? I win everytime I get on the track :D

I can even make up the trophies to prove it!!! LOL

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Good for him. He could do a lot worse then what Tech 3 has to offer but if he can make more coin and deliver the same crappy results more power to him.

19. povol

povol Well-Known Member

When you reach the pinnacle of any sport, you should be paid handsomely. Especially a sport that can leave you crippled or dead in a miilisecond. They might race for the love of racing, but they also are looking for compensation. Anyone who says different is full of shit.MotoGP should have a minimum salary of at least 1/2 a million Euro. These satellite teams are in it for the money, they certainly are not there to win or because they just love to race. The less they can get a rider to take, the more they put in their pocket.Colin Edwards did an interview a few years back and said these riders who will ride for free were bad for the sport, and were killing the future of many riders. Im not a union guy, but these riders need to come together and stick together when it comes to being paid to do a job.

20. cgordon3

MotoGP should have a minimum salary of at least 1/2 a million Euro.

:stupid: