1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bostrom

Discussion in 'General' started by chadspaint, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

And Josh's time would put him ahead of Colin on the GP grid so far.

2. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

24.657 :beer: :up: Not done yet !!!!!

3. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Sorry, Colin did a 123.699. So unless Josh rips a good one...?

4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

You missed the part that said "so far"? The times I was comparing were before the last qual session which had him about 12th.

5. Hammer 4

Didn't miss it. Just being a smart a$$ on my part...:D

6. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i think both spies and mladin were in the 1:23's back in 08, different bikes, but still very fast times compared to the crt's

7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Back in 08 their bikes were almost a CRT bike.

8. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

You guys love comparing bikes in different classes....they have real q tires in MotoGP...they do not in AMA Superbike.... If you put Hayes Q time against what the final MotoGP practice...you'll have a better sense of where he would be.....

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

But that is no fun. It is more fun to compare apples to oranges.

10. truth_hammer

truth_hammer Deal with it.

No, MotoGP stopped using Q's a few years ago.

11. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

did they? Cause they dropped 7/10ths or so in that session....Looks like they are just using a soft race tire, but that rear might last in the race tomorrow....interesting. I always think its funny when people think that MotoGP riders are light years ahead of WSBK or the faster AMA Superbike guys. You can look at the top 10 AMA Superbike times and they are pretty damn fast when you consider the spec of the bikes compared to MotoGP machines. Not that surprising if you've ridden with Hayes, Hayden etc.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Call it whatever you want. The manufacturer gives them the tire with the stipulation "It will not last race distance".

13. truth_hammer

Yeah, when they went to spec BStone the Q was finished.

Now, they use the soft option tire as a Q.

The MGP guys are not always miles above the top AMA guys, but there are plenty of guys racing AMA who get beat at club races. I doubt youd see RdP get beat at a WERA national...
    The times that the top AMA SBK guys are running are beyond impressive.

Funny aside- when Mladin was smacking everyone around, all of the beeb know it alls were saying that he didnt have the balls to go to WSBK, and so on. Why is it that no one is saying the same thing about Josh?

Rex

14. truth_hammer

No, that is not true. In fact, Jorge said that he will likely use the soft in the race. He qualified on the soft, in case you were wondering.

There are certainly times when the soft option wont last the entire race, for all of the bikes (Ducati), but that doesnt make it a Q tire.

Rex

15. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Ive always looked at superbikes and to a larger extent MotoGP bikes as taming a bucking bronco.Yes certain extent lesser classes may be allmost as fast but when you master the "bronco" and get up to speed you have accomplished something special

16. Hammer 4

Has Josh said that he wouldn't go to wsbk..? if he did, I don't recall reading about it.

17. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

But he didn't have the CRT bikes holding him up. :D

18. truth_hammer

No, but then neither did Mat. Mat had the audacity to ask that he have a competitive bike and get a paycheck.

I think that having won the last 2 AMA SBK titles he would probably make the same request.

Rex

19. 418

418 Expert #59

Hayes won his first title at the age of 35. Mladin won his first when he was 27. Big difference.

Mladin had plenty of time to move on to the world stage, even after winning multiple titles. Hayes has a much compressed time frame where "getting it wrong" might mean the end of his career.

And between the economy and the diminishing grids, Hayes will have a much harder time making the switch.

20. Hammer 4

Despite Josh's age, I'm gonna guess that if was offered the right ride in wsbk, he would take it, and I believe the same goes for MotoGP.