1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your biggest fear?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That some of you have children.

2. ScreamingSon

ScreamingSon Well-Known Member

If I am at dinner I need to see the exit or have my back to a wall so I can see what is going on. Paranoia? Maybe. Whatever it is that made me this way sucks. My head is always spinning.

3. Ptog

Ptog I Miss Corner Working

Nothing worse than being stopped on the freeway with no off ramp in sight!

Been there a few times.

4. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

For me its not so much the height but the instability of whatever you are on...

I have no problem being on top of CN Tower in Toronto and looking around...but if that sucker started to sway...i'm outta there!

lately i have this unrational anxiety about box cutters or exacto blades. I see in my mind cutting something i'm holding in my hand, the blade slipping off the object and just badly slicing myself open. The weird thing is once i have the cutter in my hand all that goes away, i can sit there and cut away all day without any issues...in fact i use an exacto knife to trim my cuticles. :crackup:

i used to be very shy and couldnt give speeches to a group of people if i tried. Whole bunch of drama classes in high school and a job where u had to talk to strangers all the time cured that fast.

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

:stupid: that does suck!

6. Ptog

Ptog I Miss Corner Working

Hypothermia.

Not being prepard for real cold weather. Usually I was but was

almost there a couple times. After moving to Wisconsin, I thought I missed the last bus in Madison late one night and was shivering uncontrollably.

I deliver frozen items and the freezer door must stay open or I have to shut the fans off or I'm out of there.

That's the main reason I moved from the north.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  7. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

No fear of heights...

[​IMG]

8. Mblashfield

9. Mblashfield

10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Getting stuck in standstill traffic on top of the old Cooper River Bridge in Charleston. Feeling that damn thing shake and sway while knowing that it was on its last legs would just about trigger a panic attack when I had that commute.

And phone calls too. Fcuking hate picking up the phone to talk to someone I don't know.

11. Mblashfield

12. Mblashfield

I live in hanging baskets, up to 130ft.

[​IMG]

13. Mblashfield

My biggest fear

[​IMG]

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Depends on what your "into".

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Meh, I had to climb the steel. You guys get to ride!

16. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

Looking at this picture seriously freaks me out. Heights fuck me up, although if I trust the restraining system (railings, etc), then I can sometimes handle it. I also fucking HATE glass elevators that go up the side of buildings - if I have to go in one, I have to be near the door and stare at the door the whole time.

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Anyone who has the slightest inclination of having a fear of heights needs to google Alex Honnold.

18. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

I'm a germaphobe. I carry Lysol wipes with me in my car at all times.

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I know you said nothing really serious but...

running cold out of pie.

20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

:stupid: I hate the ocean, or what's in it I should say. I don't like to go any farther out than knee-deep.
    I might get bit by a Black-Tip ankle biter, but the chances of it being a Great White or Tiger are slim at that depth.

And the salt water in your eyes just sucks.