1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your biggest fear?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 3, 2012.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There are worse things than getting killed.

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Yeah, but you said to disregard those kinds of fears :beer:

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yeah...like "almost" getting killed.

4. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

Bees/wasps/hornets, etc. If there was one genetic engineering project I wished would succeed, it would be to get rid stingers. It seems like I get stung randomly for no reason, way more than I should.

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Nothing that I can think of.... I like jumping/diving off things, highest is a 90 ft bridge I used to dive off of when I was younger, even did somersaults. I like snakes, some spiders are a bit creepy though.

6. I have heard that it was.

The last time it happened bad, I was 230lbs with little bodyfat and was about 9 weeks into a good phase of some really good supplements. I don't remember it, but from what I was told, it wasn't pretty. :eek:

They finally got Lora in there and she got me settled down. All I remember is her telling them something like "how many damn times did I tell you to make sure I was in here BEFORE he started to come out of it!!!"

7. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Heights. I wear loafers and moccasins so I don't have to make sure my shoes are tied.

I'm also weird about making telephone calls. I'll drive 45 minutes across town to find out something that I could have learned in a minute over the phone. I'll answer the phone, but it's hard for me to make calls

8. Oh yeah, and I fucking HATE spiders :D

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Nothing that I can think of, but a bunch of you guys are some real pussies! :D

"oh no, I have to change a light bulb?"

Chaotic, you would probably go into a roid rage every time you lowered your helmet if you were a welder......:Poke:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  10. novice201

novice201 "I'm a robot chicken!"

Claustrophobia all the way. I had to dig out some old insulation from the attic and it took probably two extra hours for me to "make" myself belly crawl to the low ends of the roof. Sucked!

I used to have some MAJOR OCD issues, if I was hiking and touched a tree with one hand I had to walk back and touch it with the other. Weird shit like that. A little claustrophobia at this point is nothing compared to that crap.

My biggest "real" fear is not doing a good enough job raising my daughter.

11. charles

charles The Transporter

Cannibals who eat you alive; Brazilian Wandering Spiders; 'Limbo'; and not knowing what 'Satan' looks like thanks to Mongo.

12. :crackup:

To be honest, wearing the helmet was one of the hardest things for me to get used to when I bought my first bike back in '07.

13. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, I get cold sweats when I have to make a cold call. I will walk throughout the factory to get face-to-face, and I work in the second largest building (by volume) in the world. Once I talk to the person, no problem. but that first call is a pain. It helps me shop local, though.

And light switches out of phase with each other. But I'm getting over that.

14. I am glad somebody else said it. :D

I am like that bad. Like there is no way i can tap my right foot 3 times and my left foot twice and leave it at that. Or rub 1 eye but not the other, or flex one thigh muscle but not the other and shit like that.

It will aggravate the fuck out of me until i feel like it is "even" in my head. :crackup:

15. Bamagirl

Bamagirl Soccer Mom Gone Bad ;-)

OMG:wow:, I thought I was the only person on earth with this "phobia". I will do the same thing just to keep from calling people.

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

The height thing gets me...sometimes. If I'm in a high hotel room on a balcony and I look down, no biggie. If I look up, I get queezy. Ladders/roofs freak me out. No problems being on a high bridge and looking over. Been in a hot air balloon...no problem.

Public speaking. Done it quite a few times and I still feel like I want to puke right before I have to speak.

17. gaitherb

gaitherb Well-Known Member

Heights.

I have an extremely high roof and I had a repairman come over to my house to do some roof repair and I couldn't watch him walking on the roof.

There's a pretty tall hotel in Atlanta (Westin downtown) and it has one of those elevators that's essentially a pod that travels on the outside of the hotel...and it's about a 2 1/2 minute ride from the bottom floor to the restaurant on top -- scares the crap out of me every time.

18. Oh yeah, I don't eat pointed french fries...only ones that are square on the ends. If I get some that are pointed on 1 end but square on the other, I will eat the squared end and 3/4 of the fry, but throw the pointed end back on my plate. When im done, there are a bunch of pointed french fry ends everywhere. :D

19. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Snakes, spiders, heights, enclosed spaces, none of that stuff bothers me much. What makes me tense is when I have to speak in front of a group of people.

20. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Most people think I am full of it, but I honestly have zero phobias or fears. I mean I can be startled, and there are certainly some serious things I dont want to happen (like lose my wife), and I certainly dont do stupid shit like go punch a bear in the face or anything, but I have nothing I am "afraid" of.

PS; Youd HATE my job :D

[​IMG]