Harbor Freight Motorcycle Stand : Anyone Use them?

Discussion in 'General' started by vonstallin, Dec 23, 2011.

1. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

they could cut the pipe size in half and still hold any bike made to ride.

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Wen Charlie first started I got a stand for my Hawk. that was mid 90's o so. The last time I saw the bike, the stand was still good.

No regrets on any of them I own, and I have a bunch. at least 5 Pitbulls and 3 Baxley's.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You spend $800 on an Arai, $10,000 on a new motorcycle and you'll spend an asston for tires for 10 laps but you'll cheap out when it comes to a stand?

Nut up, buy Pitbull and get a bottle of bourbon and a carton of smokes to celebrate.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually no. Charlie uses what he does for a reason, it stands up to most any type of work being done on a large variety of surfaces. I wouldn't trust my stuff to something smaller and lighter.

5. zippytech

Yea, but most people think we are crazy to spend $10,000.00 on a bike then go throw it down the track.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You take care to keep that from happening don't you? I take the same care in the paddock.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Better to toss your $10,000 bike down the track than to have it fall off your $9.95 stand, don't ya' think? :D

8. zippytech

lol , true

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Never heard of those t-rex stands, they actually look as nicely built and strong as PB, priced nicely to boot.....they built in China?

I still have my PB set so I won't be needing anything in this lifetime.

10. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

I have one of the Harbor freight stands, the only problem I have is the soft wheels do get a flat spot on them. I think I paid 39 bucks for mine.

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Pit Bull has a light weight version of their rear stands also that are rock solid. Keep an eye on them in 2012 as well ...

For customer and product support, along with contingency - nobody does it better than Pit Bull.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

those stands suck ass. I really thought saving a $150 would be worth it.
    Front stand blows harder than the rear.

FWIW... I share trailer space with "cheap stand" customers... the pitbulls take up less floor space than a certain retailers knockoff and DMP garbage.
    I dont think that is a mistake by design. Now if I could just get the trailer owner to put 30 mins into installing some hooks... we'd be golden. ;)

13. zippytech

what was wrong with it?

I know 5 guys that have them and they hold the bike up just fine.

14. TurboBlew

I was a stand whore for a couple years. Should have stocked up on Pitbulls when UPS/Fedex didnt charge $100 for shipping... hindsight 20/20.
    An LP stand I "paid forward" has probably caused $5k worth of body damage in its 15yr lifespan. Cost me a tank/side panel/belly pan.

15. TurboBlew

The allen bolts on the rear continuously get loose. Also the feet keep popping off.
    The spring loaded front cradle constantly shoots across the garage from simple movement. Ended up having the safety wire the pins.

16. zippytech

I lock tight mine,

I use this front stand

Attached Files:

17. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I had one of those. A friend saw it sitting around and asked for it. I explained why I didn't use it and let him have it. It threw his Duc on the ground and he beat it to death. It's all good now.

18. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

One windy day and the money you saved will be gone times 2. Pit pull makes great products and supports the sport. You asked don't get mad when you hear the truth and don't like the answer.

19. zippytech

i have the parts to change my front stand to this. but it did not work on my bike at all.

Attached Files:

20. zippytech

Some times I still use this. :D

Attached Files: