1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harbor Freight Motorcycle Stand : Anyone Use them?

Discussion in 'General' started by vonstallin, Dec 23, 2011.

1. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Anyone ever use the Harbor Freight stands?

I was looking for some extra stands (and of course didn't want to spend allot) and was considering these baby's.

They looks ultra cool, but since you have to assemble...maybe not the most sturdiest of stands.

Anyone use them? light weight? heavy as hell?

Tell us what's good?
    Oh and $49

http://www.harborfreight.com/low-profile-rear-motorcycle-spool-stand-99701.html

■Smooth rolling wheels and extended grab handle for extra leverage allows stand to be easily used by one person
    ■Completely lifts rear of motorcycle for changing a tire, tightening the chain, servicing brakes, or changing oil
    ■Ideal for motorcycle storage to prevent flat spots on tires
    ■Width adjusts from 10-1/2" to 14" to fit a wide variety of swing arm sizes
    ■Maximum capacity: 1000 lbs.
    ■Use with our Paddle Adapters (sold separately) to convert to a rear swingarm stand
    Overall dimensions: 26-7/8" L x 17-5/8" W x 13-9/16" H
    Shipping Weight: 8.56 lbs.

[​IMG]

roller blade wheels ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

would you trust your bike on it?

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I've used them. They are light. They dont set the bike up very high though....just high enough. They're cheap... Dont use them with a heavy bike. Tis all.

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I have nothing to add to this except I've seen them in the stores. Don't look reliable to me.

Oh and Go to sleep Tuna.

4. kanatuna

I just went christmas shopping....what a mess. I'm still on edge from all the damn idiots and I was out late trying to avoid them!

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh damn that!! I did most of mine online and had a friend of mine pick up a Xbox with Kinect for my son at Best Buy on Black Friday since his dumb ass was going to sit there for 3 hours lol

6. kanatuna

Yea....sounds like something a cop would do. :)

7. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

For that price you can almost get a T-Rex stand. I have a set and they're great. Been seeing more and more of them at the track.

8. Kneedown YZ85

Kneedown YZ85 Well-Known Member

I've had one for about a year. It's worked well. No, it doesn't raise the bike up very far, but it does what it's supposed to do.

9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

They're fantastic. Light as hell, very sturdy, and they roll more smoothly than any other (even a pit bull) imo. The fact that they don't lift very far is a plus to me, makes wheel changes easier. I thought they were a factory item the first time I saw one.

10. jon686

jon686 Well-Known Member

Make sure you pick up one of their coupons that are in various magazines before you go and get the free items with purchase or 20% off coupon. I use one of their wheel chocks in my trailer. It's not a Baxley but it works.

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

A friend has one, a little too flimsy side-to-side for me. Buy cheap...get cheap.
    One drop of the bike and you'll pay more than the delta for a pit bull. :tut:

12. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

there's a reason pit bulls are priced the way they are. you get what you pay for.

my pit bull stands will probably still be around when the world ends.

13. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

been using one on my street bike a kawasaki versys for a couple of years it works good . Use coupon # 39711088 at check out (in store or on line )the price drops to 25.99

14. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

go ahead get em..... bodywork is cheap!:up:

15. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Have not used them and won't. Have seen a buddy drop his bike in the paddock at Barber when his "just as good as pitbull" had the weld break where that spool hook attaches to that cheezy square rod.

16. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

How much contingency are they paying out?
    I know that Pit-Bull paid lots of money this year. :clap:

17. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

THIS!!! is true. I've had 2-3 different sets of cheaper stands and finally set "F" it (gotta think of the kids ya' know :Poke: ) and dropped the money on a set of pitbulls. Well worth the investment.

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

This.

It has to be the easiest contingency program ever, too. They actually chase you down to let you know you have money.

19. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I use DMP. The pit bull stuff is just way overkill (you could lift a car with it) + they are massive in size.

The DMP is strong enough. $79.00

Attached Files:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Overkill? No such thing in this case.