2012 Vintage National Championship determination (V1-V6lw)

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 50Joe, Dec 13, 2011.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

If you count cyclejam, the SE region has 5 races.

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Vintage classes under V6HW being scheduled at the Cycle Jam is not set in stone yet. ;)

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Never too early or smack talk!!! Especially in Vintage and LW classes! Now you gonna make me go look up your lap times damn it. I've looked at them before. I think your quickest was a 1:40.3ish? I have A LOT to make up lol. But the Speedwerks ugly green FZR may be up to the task. Should have about 20 more hp than what I'm used to riding an be a little lighter.

And yes I agree however that would be the one they would have to travel if they want to win a National Championship.

Cycle Jam does not include the V-1 though V6LW.

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

You've got a digit off in your post. My best is 1:50.3 ish. No need to be concerned about me at all.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Well see here's the thing. Usually I sit in one place for 5 or 8 hours with nothing to watch but a warehouse that's closed in the middle of the night,and I could tell you just about anyone's lap times (top 5) in either V6 or DSS/DSB for the SE region.

And anyone in Vintage no matter the class worries about you. No telling what kind of weirdo clubman/D/ V1-6 bike you'll come out with. Fast on all though.

Did someone say Bullseye?? lol

6. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I'm not worried about 50Joe............one glass of wine is his limit.

Bring it on..............pull up your cooler, time to race!

:beer:

I think I can even make arrangements to get a couple kids dirt bikes/dirt track/cooler of beer/endurance challenge..........he doesn't have what it takes to be a world class V7 character..........he talks a big game about bumping up............but I haven't seen him belly up to the bar yet....lol.

:up:

7. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

What? no Vintage on Thursday? :wow:

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Final decision to have us race on Thursday just hasn't been reached yet.

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Don't make me go out and build an FZR400/600 hybrid for V7MW! :moon: I'd love to bump to V7MW with my little 2-stroke hybrid but senior Mongo won't let me. I did a 1:17.9 at RRR back in March with CCS and the best lap time I saw with the V7MW boys there was 1:21.7. :Poke:

10. charles

charles The Transporter

That sounds like an interesting project...

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

[​IMG]

12. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

If your gonna do a FZR for V7MW put a YZF600 motor in the 400 frame :beer:

13. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Bring it......you don't scare me old man.........lol. I double (Italiano greyhound) dog dare you Pisano. You don't need some fully developed racer.....drop $1.5k in a basic Yamaha and ride the snot out of it (I'll spot you 70 pounds...lol).

Sell those fancy bikes.....get a junkyard dog! Get a bigger cooler while your at it too.

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I love the off season. :D

15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

The smacktalkth is growing strong in this thread!!

Poor old Scott and Joe are gonna have some comp this year!! Where's Jim?? He's fast too let's get the old guys outta the woodwork. I may even let Tuna ride one of the FZR's to make it really interesting in V6LW this year.

16. jimraynor21

Scott is a beast! That bike is a piece of art. He gave me all sorts of little tricks and tips I woulda never been aware of.

17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That bike being a beast is like the under statement of the century. I know what's in it. BUT..... the playing field will be some what leveled at Barber. Not as much of a HP track like RA which is the biggest HP track WERA has.

Down 10hp on a LW bike can be overcame at Barber. And it looks like he has never raced there. But he's fast as hell and will be fast anywhere.... Ahhhh..... To dream.... lol

18. jimraynor21

Hehe I'll just be happy to keep pace next year...I foresee more FZRs in my future for sure though. Fun ass bike, I'm not fast at all but of all the bikes I've ridden my 4/6 definitely felt amazing in the corners compared to the others.

Lookin forward to more FZR filled grids next year...even if I betrayed team blue for team red.

19. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh I forgot about the Honda switch..... Come on over to Big Red..... Our moto is Get money, win races, fuck bitches.... Well that's what Stick told me anyways :D

20. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

It's definitely the off season. :D

Let's see, I could run the H2 in V6LW (yes, its legal) for a couple of rounds for fun. Its going back together now with new and improved cylinders and porting which will give some more power - or - I can run the new Aprilia/RZ hybrid which is similar to Joe's though it will be noticeably lighter with a broader powerband. Of course, I could always dust off the FZR400RR/SP..... :)