1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colin 2012

Discussion in 'General' started by CafeRacer, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I'd can him just for that stupid hat. Maybe dovi and Chris V will form a CRT team. They could call it Team Stupid Hat

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey, I just went in to use the phone to call a cab and while waiting, I figured I'd have a drink.

3. got40

got40 On hiatus...

I wish Colin all the best. It sucks to see him lose the Tech 3 seat.

I'm also completely mystified as to why HRC is keeping Simocelli. Dovi deserves to be the 3rd rider over Simo all day. I guess potential outweighs results. Simo's pretty fast when he's got two wheels on the ground and stays out of the gravel trap. When he took out Pedrobot I thought his HRC tenure was done.

4. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

Dovi may not win but hes got 4 runner up finishes, a 3rd, and 4 fourths to his name (just this season). Guy is the most consistent rider they have (other than Stoner this season). And its not like he hasn't shown progress or is regressing. Hes getting better. And hes got a lot of history with Honda. Crazy to see him booted after all his success for a guy who is a lightning rod for negative attention.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

All I want is to see him on the top step of that podium before he goes anywhere.

6. 418

418 Expert #59

I think we can all agree that Simo is the faster than Dovi. Pretty simple really.

I remember a quote way back when that said "it's easier to stop a fast rider from crashing than make a slower guy push to go faster" or something to that effect.

7. Macon663

Faster in what? Qualifying? They have trophies for that?

8. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'm not sure we can...

Qatar - DOV 4 SIC 5
    Jerez - DOV 12 SIC DNF
    Portugal - DOV 4 SIC DNF
    France - DOV 2 SIC 5
    Catalunya - DOV 4 SIC 6
    Silverstone - DOV 2 SIC DNF
    Assen - DOV 3 SIC 9
    Mugello - DOV 2 SIC 6
    Sachsenring - DOV 4 SIC 6
    Laguna - DOV 5 SIC DNF
    Brno - DOV 2 SIC 3
    Indy - DOV 5 SIC 12

By my calculations, Simoncelli hasn't bested Dovizioso a single time this year. If you mean he's faster because he can do a single flying lap during qualifying, what does that really get you, if you can't beat the guy over race distance?

9. Macon663

+1

To finish first, first you must finish.

10. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

And that aside, it might be different if when he was finishing, he were finishing in front of Dovi. He's not.

11. ride4lame

ride4lame Well-Known Member

Dovi just doesnt seem to have as much marketing potential.

Atleast to me, he seems like one of those guys that is consistent and good...but over looked. He doesn't have the star appeal like a rossi or results like stoner or charisma like edwards or controversy like simo.

He needs to talk more shit, or get a crazy hair cut.
    How many people here choose dovi as their favorite rider? Or have a dovi t-shirt? I just got back from indy and don't think I saw a single one.

12. cletus

cletus doesn't know sh*t

He signed with Aprilia. They're bringing back the Cube...

Attached Files:

13. Kurosaki

Kurosaki (^_^) (-_-)

I'm surprised at the number of people surprised Dovizioso may not be on a Honda next year.

They didn't really want to keep him in Repsol this year but had to because of contractual agreements. There's no Repsol contract next year.

I agree he deserves no less than the team and support he has but the situation of current GP just doesn't allow for it.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I wonder at least once a day how the cube would go with modern electronics.

15. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Ask Jakub Smrz.

16. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Oh man...how did I forget the cube!:D

17. Jixxer Josh

Jixxer Josh TEX The LED Guy!!

18. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Not even dropping down to WSBK?

Sad to see one of the old guard go...be nice to see him join Checa at Ducati in WSBK next year.

Could be that Corser, Xaus, Haga are probably seeing the last of their competitive rides next year too.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The number of ride is shrinking in WSBK. I can't imagine Capirossi getting a good one when Melandri and Laverty are looking for jobs.

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Light up sooner and more consistently?