1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colin 2012

Discussion in 'General' started by CafeRacer, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ban electronic aids and we'll see a shitload of midgets in orbit. :D

2. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

This absolutely amazes me. I can't believe Honda is willing to let Dovi walk. The guy is a stud. Fast, stays healthy, and does not wad bikes up all over the place. I wonder how many years they are going to keep giving Dani. The guy is wicked fast, but can't hold it together year in and year out.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Isn't Dovi a Red Bull sponsored rider? I wonder if he'll be willing to give that up, not to mention that Herve can't pay HRC wages.

4. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

now i did see something interesting in the paddock this weekend. I saw capirossi riding on the back of a Tech 3 scooter with Herve....it was either a nice gesture or a ride to talk contracts..

5. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I would guess that a yamaha based CRT would be significantly better than the BMW based machine kalio was on. While lacking the punch of the BMW, the electronics package of the wsbk yamaha seems to be miles better than the bosch system. Also, no disrespect to kalio, but Colin in the twilight of his career is a better rider than kalio in his prime. Colin would be the guy to develop that bike too.

6. I wonder if any of the riders would be able to control the current bikes without rider aids. 250+ hp and 325 lbs has to be a handful, even for an alien!

7. 418

418 Expert #59

I just don't see the Yamaha being a particularly strong engine package, at least outright power wise.

I don't think electronics in MotoGP are the problem now. If we wanna see more competitive racing, Bridgestone is gonna have to bring a tire that more than a few guys up front can get enough feel out of.

8. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Why is he being forced out of Tech 3 Yamaha??? He has done more with that seat than anybody???

Matthew

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Capirossi will not be racing next year.

10. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I was hoping to see Colin in WSB battling for Ws and maybe a championship.
    Maybe in 013 I guess

11. Indirectly, I think it has a lot to do with Honda cutting back on their participation. There are more good riders than there are good rides.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Where did you hear that he's being forced out?

13. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

There was some type of commentary over the race stating that Honda Respol's original plan for 2011 was to only have 2 bikes - Stoner and Pedrosa. However, it sounded like Dovi had to prove to Honda that he accomplished his contract obligations in 2010 and by doing that there was sometype of extension clause for 2011.

That was my take on the commentary FWIW....then again I had a few beers while watching it! :D

14. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

As I heard a interview from Herve it was his choice an he never heard anything about it till yamaha questions and answers on Saturday in indy

15. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I need to go back and read, but I think I saw a "tweet" from someone saying it would be CRT team with Yamaha engines too... I figure if two or three are confirming it, then its gotta be close...

16. Lawn Dart

Dani's still the better choice for them.

When he's healthy, he's a threat. Period.

Last but not least, he's Spanish, which Repsol likes.

17. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Sorry...disregard that, wrong topic wrong time! :beer:

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What Chris said.

Dani wins races, Dovi hasn't won much lately other than a tight buns contest at Mister Wiggles.

19. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

As I understand it, Repsol requires that one rider be Spanish as a term of their sponsorship.

They may ease up on that condition if the world champion is flying their colors though...

20. Lawn Dart

So, you had fun judging? :D