DSB and SS weights changed today.

Discussion in 'General' started by spcassell, May 23, 2011.

1. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Even funnier when you consider who posted it.

2. Chip

Chip Registered

Thank you....I'll be here all week.....try the lobster.....and please.....don't forget to tip the wait staff. :up:

3. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

Did you say Lobster? I'll be by in a few minutes, and you can buy the lobster...since you will be here all week. :up: I'll pay for the tip if you got the lobster.

4. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

All this talk of big horsepower has me thinking about the "South Beach Mafia" racing out of Miami that have air-cooled 1200cc ds motors cranking out 115-125hp. The 10hp difference depends on how deep your pockets are. The crazy thing is they are in Bimoto frames and racing lightweight classes. I know dyno's very but let's put it this way. My Erion motored CBR600RR made 116hp on the same dyno's. Pretty sick what you can do with money.

5. Rx3

Rx3 1%

Maybe I missed it, but what is the new weight adjustment for the Ducatis now?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They went up 5 pounds and the 600's went down 5 - so they have to weight 30 pounds more.

7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

thank god those things are limited to SS mods (in SBK and F2) with WERA....

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

If i had loot i'd be racing a Bimota DB5R just cause it's so damn cool.

9. Chip

Chip Registered

Here is the normal engine building questions:

How fast do you want to go?

How long do you want it to last?

How much money do you want to spend?

We build GSX-R1000 and Hayabusa stuff that is way past the sticky part of the envelope.

A 1143cc GSX-R1000 will make 215hp and 105ft-lbs of torque and last forever with small cams and reasonable compression. We can build one from the ground up for around $7500.

A full race 1211cc GSX-R1000 will make 240hp + and 122ft-lbs of torque, typically lasts between 40 - 80 passes, and costs roughly $15K to build....and that is without the really good electronics.

Big difference huh? But when you have to have the best....

10. spcassell

Yeah, yeah. It's still painful knowing you got beat by a thick wallet and not a talented rider. Well, I guess you got beqt by his talent to make and spend money. Wish I had more of that naturally.

11. Chip

Chip Registered

Isn't that the beauty of motorcycle racing? Its still mostly rider....

12. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

and they still haven't beat my SV times at Jennings! :D Finally got them at Homestead though and I only had 98hp. Only took 6 years! wish i could still ride i'd go out on the SV just to demoralize the $50k bimotas!:moon:

Mendez is a good rider also Sean

13. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

My god. I raced against those Bimota's at Homestead a few years back on a 80hp Ducati Supersport (borrowed, ridden hard it's whole life). The most frustrating race of my life!!! Those things pass you on the straights like bloody 600's.

14. spcassell

I know he's a good rider. I was just thinking I was better :up:

I'm pretty sure I'm not great enough to overcome a 25hp deficit. :D

Waiting on a rule change for CCS. Probably start running WERA since it's not as big a problem in the lightweight classes.

Or someone can chime in and tell me there are 125hp lightweight bikes running in WERA.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The big air cooled twins are limited to superstock mods and are allowed in F2 and LWT SBK, not allowed in LWT superstock.

Good luck waiting for a rule change with CCS.... NOT GONNA HAPPEN AND I DON'T CARE.

16. kosta

kosta Well-Known Member

Only Kris Wall's and Ricky Ford's SS SVs (at least they seemed like they did with them on it)

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Have i raced against you at jennings on an sv?
    what are your times?
    i had some good battles with westby, an wall in the past.
    i gotta get my sv's put back together soon and come back and play!:beer:

18. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Not sure. I haven't raced there since 2004.

I ran 20's on my SS bike. 19's on my SB the only time i took it there was a trackday. 18's were possible with it.

19. six6two

six6two AWD

I agree to a point, but speaking of riders.... Look at pj and Jason. Both great riders, no doubt, but neither were anywhere close to the pace theyve been running this year when they were on I-4's.

20. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Do you even watch the races? Disalvo was on pole for quite a few races when he rode the M4 bike. And PJ was in the lead group quite a bit last year.