If this doesn't get you upset, nothing will.

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, May 25, 2011.

1. Ticket me

Ticket me Well-Known Member

Isnt it felony road rage to get out on your vehicle like that even without a weapon.

2. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

What does reading comprehension have to do with what the guy in the truck did being or not being attempted murder?

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

yea, i cant exactly hear the tone of your voice so the simple statement is taken at face value. and if i seem touchy with this subject, its because my best friend was raped and i almost went to jail for beating the shit out of some radical christian pastor demonstrating on our college campus after he told her it was her own fault. see how this ideology isnt a foreign concept for someone like me and seems entirely plausible as someone else's reasoning when i cant hear your tone. and did you read the last part. i think it went something like... "i really hope you're being a smartass, if not...":rolleyes:

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

For lack of a "button push" emoticon, [​IMG]

5. cobra2497

cobra2497 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Most of the time yes...I am being a smartass. Well...almost all of the time. I assumed by your response you had some personal experience with that.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Jeffie is asking how someone can equate passing on a dbl yellow (rider) to swerving in an attempt to strike the rider (truck driver). The severity of the two actions are, IMNSHO, not comparable.

8. redtailracing

how the hell is trying to run a bike off the road or into a telephone pole not attempted murder? lets say for the sake of argument, the truck's plan worked and he did run the biker off the road and killed him; now its murder. luckily, he did not succeed, therefore it is attempted murder. with me?

9. Venom51

I wasn't commenting on the severity of the stupidy. I was merely poiting out that it was coming from both parties involved...

10. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

<searching youtube for dash cam video of Kenny crossing double yellow in his truck, only to swerve back to the right in anger as he passes a group of bicyclists.>

:D

11. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't shock me if Jethro was on the sauce too.

12. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

And I am asking how what the driver of the truck did is attempted murder. Look at the law books, it's not attempted murder.

If you're going to bitch for your side, at least know simple facts.

13. Venom51

Doesn't exist....and in Georgia I am now required by law to cross the double yellow to give them their 3 feet of government mandated space.

Thanks Nathan.

:D

14. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Actually you type slow enough
    My remark was addressing your comment...
    "Quite frankly...the entire episode is the fault of the biker"
    yet watching the vid,the turd in the truck obviously didnt care if bikers were passing him or coming towards him in the opposite lane seein as he crossed the double line into their lane as they went past

15. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

It can be construed as that, yes.

But it's also battery for what he did in the truck; and with what could be considered a deadly weapon when he got out of the truck.

The problem is, in majority of western states, if you exit a vehicle in a rage like he did; with a weapon exposed, will more than likely get you killed. Especially after you show the judge of the asshole trying to run you off the road.

16. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Apparently nothing wads up panties faster than redneck performance drivin' and double-line crossin' on Hazzard county roads. What happened to runnin' 'shine on them roads, now its all them leathered-up crotch rocket jockeys pissen off momma and wakin' the babies.

17. redtailracing

one last thing, then i'm out because this has gotten me more worked up than it should have and i need to go workout anyways...

did anyone else turn up the volume high enough to hear the conversation at the end? the truck driver apparently already had a personal vendetta to settle

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Certainly, counselor, I have not read for the law so I am not as well acquainted with the arcane language of the world's second oldest profession as you appear to be.

To me, the simple fact is that what the driver did was, at the very least attempted vehicular assault. Still not comparable to passing on a double yellow. In either penalty or potential outcome.

If I could afford it I would ask that you advise me. Butt I can't.

19. Venom51

Jesus H Christo...the entire incident is the bikers fault as it was his innitial decision to make the pass on the double yellow that triggered then entire episode. Thta's what plays out in the video when I look at it. I have no way of knowing if johnny Redneck in the truck was already thinking about doing what he did as the bikers were speeding up from behind.

20. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

On a Sunday, even. Did you notice the church crowd parked on the street?