'Cross hairs' no longer PC to use it seems

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by LabRat, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

The interesting thing about this, to me, is the Tipper Gore angle.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

AAAIIIIEEEEE!!!!!! There's that Gore name again. Make it stop.

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

NO!

BTW - your Spanish is showing great improvement!:crackup:

4. sdg

sdg *

That's what I'm saying.

Somebody around here has a sig: "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is." Or something like that.

Can't control drugs, how in the fuck do you expect to control guns?

edit: Oh yeah: ...and fuck the PC bullshit.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  5. MINDOVERMATTER

MINDOVERMATTER You can't see me

I have the answer to this question. Do away with network news :crackup:
    I have a feeling the BS would still get out

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

While there is idiocy in the PC movement (isn't there idiocy in all valid mvt?), there is something to be said about people being tentative about throwing words like WOP, Kike, Goy, Nigger and such.

All a matter of context.

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Except that those words are pretty much always derogatory whereas "in the crosshairs" rarely is used in a derogatory manner and no less derogatory than the other options.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He did mention context. Combining one of his words with "in my crosshairs" could be considered inflamatory.

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I agree about the word itself, nothing derogatory about it. That's plain silly.

The symbol is (or should be) more of the issue when used in adversary political context.

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

And labeling your counterpart or your opposition stupid, how does that work for civility?

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

It is just as easy to paint your opposition as stupid without ever using the word or any other derogatory words...

The role of PC was (I beleive) more to eliminate group labeling. An single idiot is still an idiot... :D

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I felt very threatened by that :Poke:

13. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

reporter to a sniper "what do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"
    sniper "recoil"

guess you guys better not use the term recoil. haha

14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Screw that. While I always try to be civil, no one has a right to decide when I`m noT .

As was said earlier, we are turning into a society where free speech is even questioned.

Harden the fuck up.

15. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

How about I practice free speech and those people learn to control themselves?

You are asking the majority to change so that a few idiots will be pacified.

I always try to be civil, but when I deem needed, screw them. Not my job to worry about them. Free country.

So far.:up:

16. Michelle Malkin put together a list of non-PC or Left Lib hate ads and actions that are stunning in their vitreol (anger/anguish) and expose them as the aguished people that they are sometimes. Really blew me away.

Right next to the CNN in Crosshairs symbol is POTUS' quote of "If they bring a knife to the fight, we'll just bring a gun". But it's OK cause the Annointed One said it ? Other quotes against the usual Fox guys etc. One that caught my eye about halfway down the list was the Playboy Hate F*ck List!!

There are some siiick folks in politics, man.

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/01/1...mate-of-hate-an-illustrated-primer-2000-2010/

17. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

So I have a dilemma, I need some household supplies, do I do the normal and go to TARGET even though that is probably next on the list, cause you know that at some point in the life of a mass murderer they went into a target store and that effected their state of mind, or do I go to Wal-Mart and support the commies?

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Go to WalMart, but stay off the gun aisle.:D

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And all you sales guys better get rid of your target markets.

20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Then you see my point. Ban offensive speech sounds reasonable until you ask who defines reasonable. Buckwild thinks we all need to settle but I am betting his definition of civil is not yours which both vary from mine. The best way to stay free is to worry about the freedom of others more than your own.