1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep Zac Chapman in your thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Aug 10, 2009.

1. the mother

the mother Love my 250

I hope all of you had a great Christmas celebrating Jesus birthday, I did, Keep up the good work Zac and i hope you have a great year, God Bless All Of U

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Happy New Year, Zac! Keep up the hard work

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Hippo Gnu Year Two Ewes Zac and Zac's Mom!

4. zacsmom

zacsmom Well-Known Member

I haven't posted in a while. I have been sick since last Tuesday, yuck!!
    I was able to go see Zac on Sunday with Julia. We mostly helped him with his laptop and helped him get some pictures from his laptop onto his facebook profile. He is doing well and now weighs 158.8#!! I never thought we would be to the point where there may be a day in the future where his weight may need managing with his tube feedings. His weight before the accident was 160#, so we are not there yet. His vision is continuing to improve although his double vision is not completely gone. His eyes are not as red and he hardly wears his glasses at all.
    Tomorrow is another care conference, so I will update after I hear all of his therapists brag about him again :)
    P.S. cute panthercity! hee hee

5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

^^^This is all great news! What a good way to start off 2011!

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Saw Zac's dad when I went in to town to pay my propane bill this morning. He told me he hopes to have Zac's website updated in the next day or so.

7. zacsmom

Yes, that website hasn't had an update since Oct., but Zac told me that he has been typing updates that will be put on the site.
    Had Zac's care conference today. The bragging just continues with all of his therapists! He is walking 100 feet with a rolling walker, now he will start using a walker for his transfers which means he is able to do more of the work himself with less help. Zac is able to take a shirt on and off pretty much by himself, and continues to work on dressing with the OT.
    Zac continues to work hard and give 110% all the time. At his first care conference in Sept. when he first arrived, there was a tentative discharge date of March 11 given. As long as Zac continues to show progress he will be eligible to stay at Pate. Zac said today that he wants to stay as long as needed as long as the next place he gets to go to is HOME :) Oh how I long for that day!!!

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the updates, we're still thinking of Zac every day.

9. phatsx

phatsx Active Member

You are truly an inspiration to everyone. God bless you and your family

10. the mother

the mother Love my 250

It's really nice to hear how Zac is doing better every day. I will keep him in my prayer's .God Bless YOU Zac and keep up the good. Mom your doing a great job.

11. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

It's great to read these updates and hear that he is doing so well. I think about Zac everyday when I look at his calendar on our refrigerator. You guys did a great job on them. Keep up the good work.

12. zacsmom

I want to try and post a couple of pics from last weekend when Anna, TX got some heavy snow. Last year, Zac could only see the snow from his bed because he was not able to go out to it. This year when I told him it was snowing and I opened the door to his apartment for him to see, he immediately rolled himself out in it saying "I have to touch it this time".

Attached Files:

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

super cool thanks for posting!!!

14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Great pix, glad he got to see and touch it this time. Maybe next time he will throw a snowball at you and his sis. :D

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And I suppose you said, "Just chill, Zac. Just chill..."

:D

16. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

wOW,great news..Keep gewtting bettere and better, AWSOME!

17. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

18. GixxerRacer371

GixxerRacer371 Well-Known Member

Something every racer should have for the 2011 race season, their very own Zac Attack calendar! Just $23 shipped from Zac!

[​IMG]

19. the mother

the mother Love my 250

I'm happy to hear you got go out to touch the snow . Keep up the good work Zac.God Bless you and I will keep you in my prayer's.It was nice hearing from you on face book

20. zacsmom

Zac is texting me as I type this about his appt. with the neurosurgeon that he had today. Zac is going to have reconstructive surgery on his skull. He tells me that he will be in the hospital 3 days following the surgery. There will be 2 surgeons on the case and they are working on finding a day when their schedules will mesh.
    I also rec'd an email from the case manager today that Zac's speech therapist thinks he might be ready for another swallow study. I hope his swallowing has improved enough that he will be allowed to eat again soon. He has had to have his feeding tube replaced twice lately due to it clogging up. I pray God will allow Zac to eat and get rid of that feeding tube once and for all.
    Other than that, Zac continues to progress with all of his therapies. He is doing well using a walker for his transfers now. He is pushing himself all over the place in his wheelchair, including out the door to touch the snow!!
    Thank you all for your continued prayers :)