For The Bicycle Peeps... New Bike.

Discussion in 'General' started by burner42, Oct 21, 2010.

1. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Sweet bike man ! :beer:

2. Gumby647

Gumby647 SeƱor Member

Bike looks nice. I had a fit done a couple months back by a guy using a Retul 3D motion capture rig. It was a pretty big improvement in both comfort and efficiency. My Powertap is definitely showing more watts for a given heart rate than before. I think getting the hip angles and the knee tracking right made the biggest difference.

3. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Very nice! I ended up with the six carbon 5 in the same-ish color scheme. Love it. I will be happy to expedite your wera kit in exchange for those wheels.

4. FreakZone

FreakZone Well-Known Member

Super nice ride, even it's a crack'nfail!

5. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

For a 15lb. bike without pedals and tape, sucker!!!! My Orbea is 15.75lbs, Dura Ace 7800, Mavic Kysrium wheels, pedals, cages was $5500. That new Dura Ace must be heavy.:D

6. Tracee Polcin

:crackup: Broke one myself, fatigue crack on the right chainstay just behind the bottom bracket. The frame, which was a mtb, lasted for 4 years of competition and a couple 24 hour races. Cannondale replaced the frame, so no complaints. Too bad Cannondale isn't an American company anymore.

7. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

The bike retails for $9000, my buddy races for a team sponsored by Cannondale, he got me the frame and components for dealer cost, I actually have about $5500.00 in it, & Yes I am racing it.

It is a 58cm.

I just got back from Austin Tx, had a pro fit done too, Retul 3D, spent about two hours getting everything dialed in... he changed quite a bit... especially in my shoes/pedals. Should be a huge improvement!

Deal, send me the kit first...:D

I have owned 6 Cannondales dating all the way back to 1998, 3 mountain bikes and 3 road bikes, never had a problem with anything! I did hear about the first generation Super Six having a faulty rear triangle whick would break on occaision. I have seen 2 Orbeas break at the bottom bracket, and my buddy has blown out 3 Gary Fisher Superfly frames!

8. burner42

Post up a pic! Is it a 52cm? Mine is a 58... I gave up a little weight on the wheels too, but they are strong, I can use them to race and train... I watched my buddy snap his bottom bracket on his Orbea Orca, 1.5 year old bike, they did not warranty it, they did sell him another frame for dealer cost...:down:
    I do like Orbea though, but im a Cannondale fan.

9. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Nice! Makes my Six Carbon 1 look like a Huffy.

10. burner42

You mean this bike? This is my old girl, I feel bad, she was just replaced by the new Super Six... really nice bike... but....

[​IMG]

11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i need to do this at some point this winter. i hear its like the best money you can spend. after i spent all this money on my build up too last year, i figure i owe it to myself.

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

that sucks they did that. that frame is so damn rad looking, but geezus i'd shit a cow for that much money down the drain. and yea i'm like 15.5lbs. on my build up too. Kuota Kebel, all SRAM Red, Mavic Carbone SL's, etc... i built it up with R-sys at 14.5lbs, but those wheels suck donkey dicks unless you weigh 150lbs, really couldn't handle my weight at around 200lbs, or how hard i crank going up hills cause i have huge leg muscles... broke the hubs all apart and shit, so i had to switch up and gain back another pound.

you guys are taking the expensive path here tho geezus. i got my frame new for $800 marked down from $2200, my wheels new at $700 marked from $1400, and basically every component new for half price or less, all new. just gotta scour ebay for those no reserve, starting at $.99 deals. i think i'm into it like $2400 or so, for what would probably be a $5000 bike retail.

13. Tracee Polcin

It's a 54cm, was my 40th birthday present. I worked in a shop at the time so I could of picked from numerous brands we sold, Cannondale, Trek, Scott, Orbea plus a few more. The Orbea was the only bike I could get with exactly what I wanted.
    We built a Scott Limited for a customer that weighed in at 13lbs for a 52cm, just sick. We got down to under 13 with a few choice parts.:up:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  14. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

burner sweet bike man
    i like the black white scheme

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In the immortal words of my college dorm RA, "I can't see pedaling like hell just to give my ass a ride."

16. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

What the hell? English please.

S rmas d12 the campus shit ultegra and bomb proof tubies!

17. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

exactly what part did you not understand?

18. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Damn. You kids don't mess around, do ya?

19. Wouldnt look so bad if they didn't go cheesy-ass-overboard with the "Cannondale" decals. I mean seriously, we get it.

Reminds me of the first HEROIC suits that had a decal everywhere they could possibly fit one.

20. burner42

That is some funny shit!!!

Makes it easy to spot in a peloton with 80 other bikes riding at 30 mph... got to get that free advertising when you can!
    Yes it is a CANNONDALE in case you were wondering :D