1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding rule change for Saturday practice

Discussion in 'General' started by DMG, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

FWIW:

I always loved the Solo 20's, it was great tracktime AND there was a $$$ payout. :up:

2. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I love the solos. I even won money one time

3. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Oh Peter, you just so funny funny. :moon:

I really wouldn't mind coming back and doing a little teching at the end of the day Saturday if it means a more relaxed Sunday morning, but I think Pete will probably be too busy fixing all the damage from his daily crash.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, same way we police it now - there'd be no difference.

5. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Makes perfect sense to me. I never understood why people were allowed to do the practice sessions on days they weren't racing anyway.

6. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Maybe reduce the cost of a solo so us vintage guys would be more interested in racing one. Being we know we are gonna get smoked but still enjoy the sat practice time. It adds to the wallet of the guys who finish up front to have more of us on the grids for solos, and gives us vintage guys and chance to get some warm up time on sat. But then again there is still Friday practice at most tracks under Ed or someone right?

Dont get me wrong on this. I always enjoyed running the solos when I was healthy even on the vintage bike. I showed me the lines of the fast guys and helped me with my braking points. So Im not in disagreeing with the new policy. Just an idea on the topic.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Forgive my ignorance on this topic, but since I am switching from CCS to WERA this year...what is the premise of the Solo 20?

I looked in the rulebook and I would be running in the LW Novice class on the SV and I see that the entry is $85, but beyond that how does this class work? Is it similar to a CCS GT race? just looking for a lil info.

thanks
    M

8. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

You vintage guys are always a pain in the ass.

9. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

20 lap sprint race for money.

10. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Yes, but longer I think.

11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

We did this last year for a two day event for the USCRA. Everybody with a race on Friday came through Tech with their entry sheet for a race that day. If they had a race on Saturday they came through Tech again with their Saturday entry sheet.

12. Well said. I couldn't agree more. :up: I want my amatuer experience to be the closest experience I can get at this point in my racing endeavor. Not to mention that a 20 lap race requires some kind of good physical shape! :p

13. bobbyk

bobbyk Well-Known Member

yes, it's similar to the GT races, but it also pays, both novice and expert. the payout depends on the number of entries.

14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Very cool!

thanks Bob.

M

15. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I started entering a Solo for the extra track time....it helps.

16. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Absolutely true...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same idea, 16-20 laps, cash payout that day on a sliding scale based on entries. $30 of each entry goes into the purse.

18. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

...and the bigger the field the farther they pay back...

Endurance racing is the best way to ramp up the learning curve for new guys and/or up and coming talent, and a solo is essentially one leg in an endurance race if you squint...You can establish a rhythm, try different ideas out, get to know a circuit, sort out the bike, and then get to sleep on it, and it's all beneficial for Sunday...The solos have a lot of the benefits of endurance racing without the logistical headaches of scorers, pitting/refueling, wear and tear on equipment, etc, and the payback is a bonus...

19. :clap::clap::clap::up:

I'm excited!!!!:bow::bow:

20. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

Well, The last practice is at about 10:00 AM. But, if there's some late work to be done looks like your junior man. See ya at the bar.:beer: