1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vintage wrap up

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by VVRONGO, Nov 12, 2009.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

Post some specs and photos of this V2 rocket you are building so we can see
    if we approve of it.:up:

2. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Easy to do, picture my 400 with a Barlow RD250 motor in it.. ohh yea and a really trick set of wheels....:D

3. charles

charles The Transporter

We need to know the paint scheme.

4. Yamaha Fan

Think bright white with an R1 blue stripe down the tank and seat, probably a Yamaha strobe stripe down the side of the fairing. :rolleyes:

5. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Bob, you mean triumph blue , right.:up:

6. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

Hate to disagree with you on this one Tim being as you are my hero an'all, but Triumph blue shouldn't be seen on no two smokers! I mean - Sheesh :Puke:

No offense meant to two smoker riders:D

7. Yamaha Fan

Some call it R1 blue, some call it GSXR blue and for you Tim it is Triumph blue.... it's all good :up: (for you the only problem is that it is still a 2-stroke) :D

8. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

I really shoundnt take the bait, I know, and I may reget asking, but what fun would that be?

So I'll bite, why wouldnt I approve, got RZ wheels? :D

9. Yamaha Fan

So I'll bite, why wouldnt I approve, got RZ wheels? :D[/QUOTE] NA.. they are much to heavy... It has much NICER wheels and it is a 1979 RD250........ According to the rules if it came with cast wheels you can use cast wheels, so it has cast wheels :D

10. charles

charles The Transporter

NA.. they are much to heavy... It has much NICER wheels and it is a 1979 RD250........ According to the rules if it came with cast wheels you can use cast wheels, so it has cast wheels :D[/QUOTE]

11. ringdingding

[/QUOTE]

:confused:

12. ringdingding

NA.. they are much to heavy... It has much NICER wheels and it is a 1979 RD250........ According to the rules if it came with cast wheels you can use cast wheels, so it has cast wheels :D[/QUOTE]

Didnt know they made the 250 in 79 still.

No disapproval w/cast wheels from me, not that you need it (approval). Phew, thought I was going out on a limb before. It does get dark in the tunnel sometimes.

Well I hope to get to VIR, Kershaw and RRR, as well as all local races, same as last three years. But two rounds a year at SP is all I have been able to manage. Wait, I did make it to Beaver this past year. One can only hope. I guess I should start by getting un-laid-off before I start making plans for next year.

13. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Magnesium cast vintage dymag's perhaps!!

Yummy...

14. charles

charles The Transporter

Magnesium cast vintage dymag's perhaps!!

Yummy...[/QUOTE]

15. Yamaha Fan

Na... even better 1.85/18 front and a 2.15/18 rear (with a cush) :D

[​IMG]

I have these for the new 400 project

[​IMG]

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Where dya get the Durranis, Bob-O?:D

17. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Those Are SWEET!!!

Steven Isenhower VFR # 52 V-6

18. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

Proper Vingate bikes has spoked wheels. None of this ugly mag wheel stuff:Puke:

My humble opinion:D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on the bike/year for me. The ones I remember having mags when they were new look good with mags now.

20. Yamaha Fan

Its all good for me, spokes, mags, 2-stroke / 4-stroke, now I understand your limited perspective, Triumph is the only "vintage" bike (or should I expand it to the Queens Iron?)and spoked is the only wheel type......

While it is all good for me I personally favor the early 70's - mid to late 80's 2stroke GP machines :D :up: