Next AMA/DMG bombshell: Mladin packs it in

Discussion in 'General' started by Zakath, Jul 30, 2009.

1. condon66

condon66 Member well known

He can't just go around doing whatever he wants. It's private property. He can't just show up and tell people what they should do. They would tell him to get lost, which is why without an invite, he didn't go.

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Mladin's Twitter page just caught fire.

3. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

I think we need to give that guy more credit for the drawing. That's outstanding.

Since we're all giving our worthless opinions, I think Matt has 2 options. He can either be part of the problem or be part of the solution. The act of walking away seems like a hardline tactic that ultimately will be met with a hardline retaliation and ultimately nothing positive coming out of it. I think he needs to be more constructive with his criticism and do more to work on finding a solution instead of just walking away. No one likes it when someone points out a problem and then just leaves it to someone else to fix. I think this act comes off as childish. Don't confuse this w/ me not wanting riders to be safe. I just think he needs to work on being a better team player. Obviously safety is number 1.

I think all his interviews have been great this year w/ OTT, and hes really shown a better side of himself to the camera. I think he needs to do that w/ DMG as well. Embrace the change Matt.

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Bullshit. If MM showed up when Hayes and CU went there he would have been welcomed. How would it have looked if they wouldn't allow him in?

5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

He hasnt posted in 2 hrs... :confused:

6. vespadaddy

vespadaddy Well-Known Member

So now track safety is only the rider's responsibility? DMG plays no role in track selection and safety? Does Mat need to print the programs and lock the gate on Sunday night, too?

(in regards to post 124)

7. Zakath

Zakath Well-Known Member

Wait, are some people actually trying to say that he should have gone to the track before hand to check it out? In his free time? WTF? Yea, and maybe he should have handed the track owner a copy of drew231506's diagram to use as a reference when building tracks in the future. In fact, why didn't Mladin rent some machines and start bulldozing the walls himself? How irresponsible of him!!

8. truckstop

truckstop Well-Known Member

We raced there in April, and again at the beginning of July with CCS. I was surprised that nothing had changed (or nothing notable) in that time since there wasn't a lot of time before this weekend.

I give Brian Hall a lot of credit for coming back out and going fast there, also can't blame him for not wanting to ride there in the wet... which happens a lot there since they aren't kidding by calling it the "Tornado National" - we've been through nasty thunderstorms every time we go there. He seems to think it's still really unsafe (in case anyone doesn't know, he's a local CCS fast guy, has won the #1 plate and overall championship - and that crash at HPT the beginning of '08 was BAD).

Every time I came down the front straight, with my head pointed at the pit wall, and then again going through Alpha to T1 I kept thinking "jeebus, I don't like this, can't imagine what it's like at a fast pace".

Too bad, because it is a really fun track.

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

+ eleventy meeelion :crackup:

10. truckstop

truckstop Well-Known Member

There's an airport right next to the track, he totally could have gone to check it out. :P

11. parapuke

parapuke Well-Known Member

RRW reports he has left for California.

12. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Haha. I just saw it. I was driving to Summit.

13. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

none of these problems are news to the track. They've been told of it for a loong time-years- but only in the last month actual walls were moved.

hell my dumb ass saw the 'fist' last weekend and could see the obvious problem. The wall being removed well that is great, but the ditch/depression behind it (which is the low point of the whoile facility where everything drains into) remains.

that it took someone of Mats stature to cause the construction equipoment to be broken out on the eve of the event is not the fault of MM or the safety committee or the riders or anyone other than the track who was hoping to get by with minimal changes...but it didn't work out that way. Now the drama is all out there when if they had just done the preparation required the focus would be on the racing not the bull dozers.

That place has concrete where you think WTF why is that wall there? Like T5, and T7 for instance. There is still concrete between 1 and 2 IIRC. I will be out there tomorrow and refresh my memory. I usualla looking at the track not the walls.

And it is fairly smooth unlike what is was described by Yates. A few spots but not a junk yard at all.

14. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Riders in near fist-fights in Kansas. Track under siege. First reader e-mail opened--what about Rapp's GF??!
    July 30, 2009 6:18:30 PM
    from web

Soup tweet

Oh my the drama!

15. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

16. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Hey mods, can we get a similar rule to the video rule about posting tweets? If I was ghey and wanted to follow someone's tweets I'd be ghey and subscribe to their ghey Twitter account, not read them here. :D

17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

On the bright side, HWCNBN won't lose any ground to MM in the title chase this week.

18. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

19. xtest

xtest Village Idiot

:crackup: :up:

20. amainsider

amainsider New Member

Folks have to remember that as far as Roger is concerned all of the tracks are just fine. When he was at New Jersey this past spring with the Grand Am Series, after the first day of practice the drivers refused to race their cars the next day because the track was so unsafe. Only then did he ask the track to make one change. When asked if any further modifications would be made for the motorcycle races Roger stated that the track was perfectly safe and no further changes would be necessary. Years ago when Heartland Park still ran on part of the drag strip and Rogers’ CCS series would race there, he would refuse to stop or postpone the racing when it was an absolute downpour and riders were sliding non-stop across the ice like starting area of the drag strip and into the inside wall.

Roger and DMG have made a reluctant “concession” to the riders to have an organized safety committee. If DMG were truly committed to track safety they all would have been at Topeka and New Jersey immediately after these venues were announced and would have been back as often as necessary to insure the work was done on time. It is inexcusable and unprofessional for a promoter to allow a track to try and make these safety improvements less than 24 hours before the event. Does anyone remember Joliet in 1998?