Rap sucks

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I stand corrected my good man.

2. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Jay-z is the last real rapper. That dude writes real lyrics, has real beats, and he flows. Like Steel says it's all overdubbed and stuff

3. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

There is a reason Jay-Z is called Hova. He can flat out spit some lyrics. He is the exception though. While rap has been dead for some time, the body was completely rotted with that soldier boy crap.

My guess is we have a top 10 on our hands here:

http://bouncewigga.ytmnd.com/

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Kayne West is the prime example......he sucks

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Hey who did BE just recently award best rapper........no love for wonderbread? :D

6. Shenanigans

What does Hova stand for. i thought he was jigga

7. 418

418 Expert #59

I woudn't even consider myself a rap music fan but...

I might not care for his personal views, but from musical stand point he's had some of the most original rap songs that have come out in at least last couple of years. He's a great producers and he always brings something fresh to the table with each album. He might not be as strong lyrically as some but his albums are allot more than "money, cash, hoes, violence and bling" that most rappers blab about. Anybody ever think a rap song about Jesus would get payed on the radio?

At least half of the songs on his albums are just plain "good songs". Which is more than I can speak of for most CD's I buy where you're lucky to pick out three songs that you can "stand".

p.s. Jay-Z is over rated. Somebody like Rakim or NAS don' get half the credit or the exposure he does yet they both can more than hold their own.

8. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

HOVA, god of rap, as in Jehova. Pretty pretentious if you ask me.

9. Shenanigans

yep

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Techno. That is all.

11. Jefe

Jefe Wannabe

All of the aforementioned bands/artists suck on the nuts of CB4. :D

12. Shenanigans

word! no women with ugly feet and some good techno/trance music:beer:

13. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

No one mentioned Tone Loc, my fav

14. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

What the hell do you know about JayZ?????? We gotta have a talk D!! You might be a little bit cooler than I thought :crackup:

15. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

showing my complete ignorance of rap here. What about eminem?

be gentle!:confused::D

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The man has talent and in speaking to folks that toured with him he is very professional as well. Some of the material about his relationship with his baby's momma and his own mother made good songs. I think thats part of his appeal because Rap is traditionally an outlet of sorts. Whether it be political or emotional or whatever. Sure he has plenty of goofy filler but some of the dude's stuff comes from the heart.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you're over 25, you need to get your head examined.

18. seven158

seven158 Well-Known Member

+1

Jay is great

i also think Eminem is extremely talented, and its hard to top some of the Wu's older stuff.

19. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

So how is that rip rap different from hippety hop anyway?

:D

20. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

Would have to agree with that. Also love some old skool Public Enemy. The Anthrax/PE version of Bring the Noise gets me going everytime. Love me some Swizz Beatz too. Just gettin' mah hood on. :D