1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Challenge At Barber

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by charles, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

I would like to endorse Ron's thanks to WERA and especially "Fast from the Past" for organizing the challenge and providing the genorous purse most of which my Hero Tim pocketed as he cruised home on the Manx in 4 races (mostly operating just above idle being all that was needed to beat them rice burners :up:) . But wot else was expected Eh :p

Anyway, coming from the point of view of a humble AHRMA Proddy Triumph guy, I really enjoyed the whole event in spite of the mysterious malady that afflicted my bike until being resolved just before my first race. In this regard would like to thank the WERA guys for helping me out and especially Tim who came by to make me work long past beer time on Friday nite to chase down the cause of the problem that wasn't completely solved by removing the paper towels stuffed in the carbs as Charlie has implied:p I isn't that stupid - well not all the time anyways :D

Must also thank Carl Anderson for the push start when I stupidly stalled my bike when time to go out for the warm-up lap in race #6. Sorry Carl about my short legs inability to keep-up with your high speed 30 mph push. Thanks again though :up: .

BTW, There seems to be a lot of Charlie's in ARHMA fer some reason:confused: . Think I met most important ones though, including the Charles el Supremo hisself and one of the other Charlie's in the area I was pitted in. Seemed like a really nice guy even though he rides a Honder :Poke: - each to his own though.

There seems so many others to thank for the hospitality extended at Challenge weekend, but would like specifically to mention Roy Chapman (fellow Queens Iron rider) for the use of his rollers and Ed (Brad's friend) for all his knowledgeable advice. And, of course, Sir Charles and Mr. Hinshaw for their friendliness and helpfullness towards us ARHMA guys - even us grid fillers.

Again Thanks WERA/Fast from the Past for a great weekend

:beer:

Sorry about the long winded post

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Hey Malcolm...good meeting you as well....I'm the Honda guy, whom you did beat in V2 BTW:(

Good hangin out with ya, and 'preciatte you Chaufferring us around in the Malcolm-mobile:up:

See you again sometime I hope.....it was a blast.:up:

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Well, tell us what you think: did we settle the issue about
    who is the Big Dog in each class? Or the Big Dog overall?:bow:

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Tough to say. Would it be the person who won the most races or the person who posted the fastest lap time of the day?? :D

5. charles

charles The Transporter

Why are you asking, friendo?

6. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

That Malcolm was a trip, funny accent though! :p

7. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

about the big dog... If you saw the chunks of turf I removed between 1 and 2 without crashing- you might say me... :wow: But I think we know the real big dog is Mongo...:D

8. charles

charles The Transporter

We are presently examining the chunks of turf
    for evidence of your guilt.

Mongo is indeed THE BIG DOG...

but we got some other Big Dogs out on the track,
    now who were they?

Crazy Joe Pomeroy?
    Buff 'Honda' Harsh?
    Tim "The Bike" Joyce
    Mark 'One Hand' Morrow?
    Mad Max Perethian?
    Lance 'Too Fast' Yeager?

Who will it be?

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Didn't mean nuthing.

10. charles

charles The Transporter

'didn't mean nuthin'...

11. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

after I check my notes and see what lap times Tim was doing on the Manx last October- I will let you know who the big dog is...

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  12. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Did 142 and change on the ahrma bike that was in the van.Only would have pulled it out if I needed it cuz tgp in 2 weeks.Also did 143 and change on the old triumph 750.Joe needs something vintage anyway that doen't have rains.:up:

13. Triumph#207

Hey! Wot do yer mean by that:mad: . Queen's English that is:rolleyes: .

Anyway passed you in race #6:p

Mind you, yer Honder was a bit sick at the time. Smoking badly it was:eek: At first thought it was a 2-smoker. Anyway, thanks for allowing me to climb one position higher in the results:up: I needed that:D .

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Well, if we go on history I did a 142.0 racing against Ryan Nelson and that was before certain upgrades to the bike. After all, it is just a lowely 350cc street bike. No GP pedigree here.....;)

15. toecutter418

EVERYONE passed my in V-2, I ran out of gas :Puke: I don't think it was my bike smoking was it? Black bike w/checkered stripe, black leathers with skull and black helmet?

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Big Dogs, please, gentlemen.:bow:

Sometimes it's not just about first place,
    like Mad Max who won first time on the bike,
    first lap was the warm-up lap...interesting...;)

Big Dogs, where are they hiding?:Poke:

17. Triumph#207

Sorry - Case of mistaken identity. Jumped to conclusions:eek:

The bike in question was going slowly on its way into the pits from the last right hander (forgot the turn number) so couldn't have been you.

18. toecutter418

NO, I was the fellow brit pitted in front of your car with the green ford van and #418 bikes. Glad to see my new V-1 motor isn't smoking, you had me worried. :rolleyes:

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Will that be all?

20. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

With the Transporter? Surely you jest.