1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Challenge At Barber

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by charles, Dec 28, 2007.

1. VintageRacerRoy

VintageRacerRoy Well-Known Member

Time to weigh in again

I belive that the Queen's Iron represented itself quite well at the "Challenge". I am also proud to have such a great ringer on the Queen Iron (TJ with only four wins). I had a great time and will participate in any future challeges. Turns out if you watched my trumpet, it was running like a two stroke sucking oil passed the valve guides and insuring controll of the mosquito population. :Puke: It was enough that I had to drop jetting by three sizes. A nice head rework and we are ready for Tally next weekend. Malcomb, TJ, I will see you sometime Friday Afternoon. With all of that being said, it is obvious that oil in the combustion chamber cannot be a good thing.:Poke: :D

Roy
    AHRMA #778

2. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Well got my 750 ready for battle. we'll see what she has in it come this weekend.Some of you wera guys come out and play.You can post enter at the track for just a few more bucks.

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Oil in the combustion chamber, in the proper amount, is a good thing, Roy!
    In fact, we call it 'pre-mix' and in our marvelous 2-strokers, this precious
    mixture of race gas and oil powers us right on by your dinosaurs...

Enjoy Tally, have a good time.

4. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

Yes Queen’s Iron done put on a good showing at Barber. Well at least TJ on the Manx did and Roy also done good on his Triumph in V3:up: .

So “Hip Hip Hooray” for H.R.H Queen Liz :bow:

And another “Hip Hip Hooray” for H.R.H Prince Charlie :bow: (not you Charlie:moon: ).

Hope I didn't go overboard on this one:D

:beer:

5. charles

charles The Transporter

Well we'd like to come out to some AHRMA races, Tim,
    it would be very cordial of AHRMA to honor our license
    for one event so WERA riders can see how you guys
    do it. Some WERA riders have AHRMA licenses as you
    know so you'll be seeing them this season...

Good luck at Tally, make sure you adjusted the tappets,
    valve springs, and the primary chain on your dinosaur.

I rode a 1960's Triumph Bonneville once, with a 'splayed head'
    wow Tim it had two carbs sticking out a bit sideways wow:wow:
    a splayed head wasn't that ingenious?

6. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

That idea is under discussion. In the meantime, at $45, it's priced well below what most organizations charge for a license.
    Can't have too many licenses, you know.

7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Hey Carl.....is there still the AMA requirement?

8. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

yep, still gotta have the AMA membership

you can sign up at the track

9. drgonzo

drgonzo Well-Known Member

For cryin' out loud.....the only showing was made by

the ravenous pack of HondERs...lol. (not mine of course)
    I mean come on guys....350 Hondas took on and humbled all comers aside from the mighty manx, but bear in mind that is a TRUE GP machine and of larger displacement. Pray that Darth or Dean (the guy is FAST even on a stock FT500 with ELECTRIC Start intact) doesn't show up with a Drixton framed 450 and rain on everyones parade.
    Let the games begin...lol! :beer:

10. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

What made me smile was how easy that FT500 was to ride. Having only ever rode it for 100 yards in my street and missing practice, I can't believe I managed to keep up with the Manx/ Joyce show for a few first laps. Sitting just two feet behind that bike is an amazing sight and sound. Unfortunately the damp track was freaking me out a little knowing I was riding an untested bike with a used Michelin piot race tire, running out of gas didn;t help either! :up:

11. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Bring it on, I've been on drixtons before and know how they are.:up:

12. drgonzo

Nah .... a properly prepped stock frame should get it done..lol!
    Hell I was pretty proud that I didn't go into some horrendous tank slapper EACH time you blew by me!

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  13. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

I draw your attention to the 500GP results:
    500GP

in which my Triumph came home in front of all but one of yer Honderrs.....

Chuck
    not quite humbled:Poke:

14. drgonzo

Well, how many does it take? lol

15. CharlieY

Hey Malcolm.....are you showing your arse so I know where to put the cold beer next time?:D .....now that may cause a rousing Hip-Hip Horray:crackup:...at least from the Honda boys.:up:

With this Queens Iron Vs Honda thought in mind.....where does a born and bred Mate....on a Honda, 2 of em actually.....rank?...is he the great moderator?

16. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

If you are referring to me I would like to add that I also own A 441 Victor, a Gold Star and an Atlas. Can we not mention the 1965 Ducati and 1966 Lambretta scooters! :(

17. CharlieY

Oh teammate...you have put yourself in a very percarious situation here, and actually brought to lite a larger picture....you ride Hondas to Victories and Cash awards....but the "Queens Iron" you own is located where?...and for what reasons?:D :D :D

Forgive me sir, as this may be difficult....by I find this to be VERY supportive of the Honda clan:up: :rolleyes: Of which, I would consider you an officer, sir.

But, as true compatriots, we MUST avoid disention amongst ourselves...and remain focused on the true enemy....

Those frikkin 2 stroke guys......:Puke:

I sincerely apologize to the 4 stroke clan for the distraction......UNITE BROTHERS!

Oh crap...Dean, dont you have a 2 stroke as well:confused:

18. 71Norton

71Norton Well-Known Member

With this Queens Iron Vs Honda thought in mind.....where does a born and bred Mate....on a Honda, 2 of em actually.....rank?...is he the great moderator?

Was that a reference to me?

As a loyal subject of HRH I do believe that I own more Nortons than Hondas. However I feel no shame in passing the queens Iron on the last lap on a honda. However I have a soft spot for Nortons and couldn't bring myself to pass the Manx. Hell I couldn't even see the Manx.

Long Live The Queen !!!

Hip Hip Horay !!

19. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

THAT was a hella fun race, let's do it again! :up:

20. CharlieY

Keith, How "Honorable" and "Noble" of you to let Mr Joyce win on the Norton....how very english.

Hey, you Honda riding, and cash winning MoFo....isnt your queens iron in the basement too?