MOTO-ST At Iowa Speedway fiasco

Discussion in 'General' started by Phat Chance, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Now there's an accomplishment. :D

2. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Run the calculation counselor. The problem with Safer barrier is they can only deflect about 6-7", thus absorbing some of the crash energy but not a whole lot. The majority of the crash energy is still absorbed by the car itself.

3. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

You may be the densest form of matter ever discovered.

Read this carefully, and enlightenment may (emphasis on MAY) come to you:

Somebody who has spent more than 30 years promoting rider safety yet somehow has now been magically compromised and has become anti-safety, would not pay one of his employees to research, write and post an article on a website he owns, quoting riders who do not want to ride on a track, due to safety concerns.

Think about it.

Every rider contract I have, puts the decision to ride or not ride in the hands of the rider. And I don't tell Chris where to ride and where not to ride. If he showed up somewhere and didn't want to ride, I would support his decision, whether he was riding my bike in MOTO-ST or his bike in AMA Superstock or Mark Junge's bike in WERA Endurance at, let's say, Grattan or Nelson Ledges.

Every single rider has to make their own mind up. I am not so sure I support
    the idea of trying to organize a boycott prior to any riders having seen the track or ridden on it. I do support the concept of a delegation of known reasonable and responsible riders visiting and riding on a new track prior to a race being scheduled there.

Think about it. If you still don't get it, please consider suicide, for the greater good of mankind.

4. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

D-d-d-d-damn, John, thats cold.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It still isn't concrete and it is marginally more forgiving that an immovable concrete wall. A huge step forward for cars, not so for bikes. No one has said any different. You simply like to argue with Frank regardless of the topic.

6. John29

And moderators, the heading on this thread is a copyrighted headline taken off roadracingworld.com without permission. Please remove or replace it with something else.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Might I suggest Dumb and Dumber?

8. John29

Dude, the guy thinks a proper noun, SAFER, is the same as safer, the state of being more safe, and is arguing about it. AND he thinks I am now anti-safety, and apparently didn't notice that AMA now is negotiating huge changes at racetracks to improve rider safety, something that simply didn't happen five or six years ago. Something must have changed at the AMA...ya think?

Anybody who has that much trouble with comprehending English and the world as we know it, deserves no better.

9. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Maybe......"where stupid goes to die"

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We don't need no education...

11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

"Apparently, Some Members of the WERA BBS Flunked Reading Comprehension in High School"

You don't own the copyright on "apparently" yet, do you, John? :D

12. John29

No I do not.

13. John29

Here, I'll even give up a replacement:

San Jose BMW's Parriott Says Iowa Speedway Is Unsafe For MOTO-ST Race

14. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

I'm moppin' what you're spillin' there Mr. U. And just because something is cold blooded does not mean it isn't also a) true and b) very very funny. But, clearly you and the AMA cabal are conspiring to force racers to race at race tracks that are not safe from being lined with safe barrier which is in fact not safe at all except by name which is in fact SAFER which has nothing to do with actually being safer for motorcycle racers whom you and the AMA cabal are forcing to race unsafely at unsafe race tracks using SAFER safe stuff. Hope that clears everything up.

15. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I guess that reads better than "Parriott pulls out early"

16. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Looks like the race ended ~30 minutes early with two bikes going down in turn two.

Hope all riders involved are OK!

17. John29

Race red-flagged. Higbee crashed in the banking, bike on fire, Kcraget hit Higbee's bike. Kcraget in a helicopter, Higbee in a ground transport.

Man, I am not sorry I missed that. Good luck to all involved. And a rethink of using that track is definitely in order.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  18. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Sh!t. Hate to hear that.:(

19. myNAMEisMUDD

myNAMEisMUDD i like the sound of that

this may have already been covered in a previous post, but doesnt the AMA have a group of riders, both factory and privateer, that ride and walk the track prior to practice or races to evaluate the safety and condition of a track? seems like i remember a few years ago Brandon Parrish being a privateer in this group. maybe i'm just confused on the groups purpose.

20. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

MOTO-ST is not AMA sanctioned.