Officer loses life chasing bike - biker faces possible manslaughter charges?

Discussion in 'General' started by xtest, Apr 28, 2006.

1. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Yeah, you're right. Let the jackoffs do 120+ on public roads on bikes because they're absolutely NO risk to society. Cars, children or adults roadside, pets, nothing. :rolleyes:

2. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

So bikes can only go 120+ on the interstate? Damn, that's interesting to know.

3. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

lesser of two evils.

which is more dangerous at 120mph+, the 450lb bike or the 2ton SUV chasing him?

4. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

And that is what the State Police refused to do when my friend Dominic was killed.

What sunk Carnacross was his big mouth.

5. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Better question, if you don't stop the people running 120+, what's the incentive for them to slow down and not go faster? Further, a bike swerving back and forth in traffic hauling ass can and does cause other drivers to swerve and take actions that they wouldn't normally. Do what is more dangerous? Hard to say, but I don't think letting the bikes haul ass is the cure for anything. In fact, it will only make things worse.

6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

This deal was on a interstate.

7. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I'm not talking about this deal specifically. I'm talking about the overall of bikes going too fast on public roads. And by too fast, I'm not talking ten over, I'm talking ridiculous amounts over. Forty, fifty, sixty plus over.

8. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

Kind of off topic, but I got into a pursuit last night with an armed robbery suspect who had robbed a gas station earlier in the day. He rammed a patrol car from another jurisdiction during the pursuit and eventually went down a dead end road and bailed on foot. Another officer and myself found him hiding in a storage room a short while later, and he aggressively resisted, which resulted in him being hit with a tazer and a biting K-9. He is in jail now. That is all.

9. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, as far as bikes, I will chase one, but only for a little while. Once speeds reach a certain point one of two things is going to happen if the pursuit continues:

1) the guy is going to get away
    2) the guy is going to crash and die

so IMHO it's better to just let them go at the point speeds become rediculous for the current conditions

10. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

:up:

if you run in cali, they'll have the helicopters after ya pretty quick. you WILL be on the news.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

or 3) the guy will crash and take someone with him

12. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Not the Carnacross arrest.

13. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I thought this was the deal from Florida.:rolleyes:

14. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

hypothesis-- Officer catches someone trespassing, b4 he can get the man in cuffs the trespasser starts climbing up/down a cliff he was next to.

A-- Do you climb arter him because he is a criminal.

B-- Say this is not worth the risk this time.

I'm not condoning running but sometimes chasing someone with a car/truck is like shooting at someone for running after j-walking. The danger to the public doesn't add up to the reward of catching the bad guy.

I feel sorry for all involved. Must have taken some nerve to step up and take what society says he deserves.
    May the officer rip:(

15. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

You have someone else waiting when he gets to the top or bottom and take him into custody then. If he's climbing up a cliff I'd just pluck him back down with my tazer as long as he's in range.:up:

There's no major cliffs around here though...it's pretty flat.

16. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Tazer his ars:up: can't blame you at all.
    Don't 4get that one key word that started with an h.

Some people forget when its their turn to get a ticket that the one giving the ticket is the same one that WILL put theirself between the victim and the bad guy no matter how big the bad guy is.

As many tickets as I don't get I know if we were keeping score who is ahead:crackup:

17. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

Thus the reason I have a dogbite on my arm today from one of our K-9's as a result of the scuffle last night. Luckily he didn't bite me too hard. There were 3 of us on him in a very tight space on top of the guy and the dog was getting the one leg we didn't have covered, and my arm got a little too close to his mouth when I moved it to drive stun the guy in the leg.

18. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

You know the reason he keeps licking himself down there is to try to get that NASTY taste of your arm out of his mouth. :Poke:

19. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

Lol, could be. He managed to pull the guys pants down in the back as he was biting, so he might be trying to get the taste of that out of his mouth. :Puke:

20. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Roads are for cars and bikes. Not your children, not pets, not any other shit.

This was highway, he wasn't on a sidestreet.