1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ktm rc8 r track

Discussion in 'General' started by KISS RULES, Dec 28, 2010.

1. KISS RULES

KISS RULES Well-Known Member

has anyone rode 1 of these yet? they say its all ready to go comes with race body work,pipe,slipper clutch,rear sets,race ecu,map,etc.all for around$20,000

2. VTRDarren

VTRDarren Well-Known Member

Hit up Mid Ohio race track for their KTM "arrive and ride" dates over the summer. You can ride RC8r's all day long. Great bikes, tons of fun and easy to get used to on the track. I'm looking forward to next season's ktm track demo day for some more fun...

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Nope...

And Gene Simmons is a hack. :D

4. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

But Lando is the man

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

But he is not the most interesting man on the planet.

6. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

anyone racing that bike ?

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

HMC has one for sale on Roadracing world. Contact them, I am sure they could give you all the info you need! :beer:

8. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

yea i saw that, just thought maybe some one here gas raced one.

9. KISS RULES

KISS RULES Well-Known Member

that's what i want to know any wera/ccs racer racing one of these? there site(KTM) say's they offer a race bike/track bike with all the goodies already on it.seem's like they took most of the work out of building one.

10. RacerB36

RacerB36 Well-Known Member

The track only bike is a euro model only. Maybe next year.

11. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Ty Howard is on one this year, granted Ty could run an ex250 in A Sbk and destroy everyone lol

12. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

13. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

14. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

I have ridden the RC8R quite a bit on the track. The 2010 RC8 model was really pretty nice. For a regular track rider the 2010 RC8R is for sure worth the upgrade. Much better bike for track duty. Now the 2011 RC8R on the other hand was a very nice upgrade compared to the 2010. It felt much more planted though bumpy sections and turned in quite a bit better. The slipper clutch was also a noticeable upgrade. Honestly I didnt hammer on it on corner exits very hard, but it did seem to have good power and felt pretty good on corner exit. I didnt want to wad it up as I was told it was the only one in the US at the time. KTM does have a huge selection of race parts available in their race catalog. I doubt it would take very much to have a damn good race bike.